• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you ever buy a phone with a bigger screen than 4.3in??

Would you buy a phone with a bigger screen then 4.3in?

• yes

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • no

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
I recently own a Droid X.
I love the 4.3 big screen and wish it could be alittle wider.

My question is

Do you prefer a big screen phones?
Any word on the next big screen upcoming phone thats worth waiting for?
i know the thunderbolt and Bionic is out with 4.3 screens.
is there any phone thats coming out with a bigger screen then 4.3?

thanks

1. The 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab, available since about a year ago.

2. Samsung Note, 5.3", announced but not yet available.

I am not sure if 5.3" would still fit into a pocket as the 4" phones do. If it does not, then, I would either get a smaller phone that does, or a big phone for its large screen.

Upvote 0
I was thinking about that because these phones to me are just getting too big. I mean dont get me wrong after having the evo I dont want a phone smaller than 4" MAYBE 3.8 but no smaller. BUT bigger than 4.3 for a PHONE is just to big to me. I think we forget the reason we have a phone. I love the new convenience that came with technology but you got to draw a line.

It's funny to me, I remember my mother's phone was huge back in the day then they start getting smaller now there making them large again of course different type of large but still large. Imagine putting 7" CELL PHONE in your purse...lol...:D

You have to remember, these devices are less phone and more computer. So it's only logical that they stop shrinking and get bigger. What does smaller give you on a smart phone? Hard to read text. Hard to type.

I'm going to put my smartphone in my pocket, so my requirement is this: give me the biggest screen/phone possible while still making it easy for me to take-out and put-into the pocket.

Nobody wants TVs to get smaller and smaller. Why do you think that is? :)

Upvote 0
Yes definitely, I would be up for it if they made a 7" phone.

d01f116b_Galaxy-Tab-7.7-PHONE-540x470.jpeg

It seems like I could fit the original Galaxy Tab in my pockets quite easily. :)

What kind of pockets do you have?
ipadsuit.gif

Upvote 0
my Samsung Infuse has a 4.5 inch screen plus it's case. .2 inches didn't make any real difference for me. is it bigger that my captivate was? Totally, but I don't have big gorilla hands and it still doesn't bother me a bit. Doesn't feel bad in the pocket either. It may look like a baby iPad, but it's thin and I think that is an additional key dimension that helps make this phone work for me so well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones