1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

x10 custom rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jhnelo, May 26, 2011.

1. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

can someone point me in the right direction for a list of custom roms... looked high and low. and can someone recommend which one to use as i keep getting crap ones and there not so good. thanks in advance

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

I hate to refer people to another site but:

[REF] ALL ROMS | ROOTING | FAQs | STICKIES | POSTING RULES | Read Before Posting[upd] - xda-developers

Which ROMs have you tried for what version of Android?

Any others have any recommendations?

PS. If you are testing ROMs, I highly suggest you try them for at least a day....it takes several hours for the phone to properly cache the new ROM. Basically, it will be slow and clunky for a while until it caches all the important stuff. Don't just install something, give it an hour and say it is slow and on to the next.

jhnelo likes this.
  3. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

i have had 2.2 ginger bread 2.1 stockbased and 2.2 something else can not remember there names. i am not testing i would like a permanent rom. i have found two ones that i would like to try. 2.1 stock based blue sparks and 2.2 [ROM]CyanogenMod_6.1.2-Xtremes[ended][21/02/2011_r1].

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

I have used both. I find blue sparks was little quicker, but Cyanogen had more built in stuff with it....it was less stripped down.

Then again, I didn't install Cyanogen 6.1.2.

Give them a go...just remember, don't judge the ROM in the first few minutes, give it more than a couple hours so it caches that data and works it's kinks out.

I am hoping that they get a 2.3 with a full working 8.0 megapixel camera soon. I wasn't going to install another ROM until that happens, but my patience is wearing thin and I might give one of these a try.

Let us know how it goes and if you recommend any after you give them a go.

5. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Android Enthusiast

6. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

what seems to be the best custom ROM for the x10 at the moment?

7. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

If only the blue sparks rom was using 2.2 then it would be the shizzle.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews