• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root x10 custom rom

can someone point me in the right direction for a list of custom roms... looked high and low. and can someone recommend which one to use as i keep getting crap ones and there not so good. thanks in advance

I hate to refer people to another site but:

[REF] ALL ROMS | ROOTING | FAQs | STICKIES | POSTING RULES | Read Before Posting[upd] - xda-developers

[Cyanogen6.1.3]gingerbread[v01] Cook: rendeiro2005 Base: CM6 Last Update: v01+Camcorder Fix 2011/March/17
WPX10 2.1 Cook: svtfmook Base: .435 Last Update: R"C" + test update 2011/March/16
2.2 FrYo7-A Cook: svtfmook Base: 2.2.1 & CM6 (FreeX10 Beta4) Last Update: 2011/March/15
CM 6.1.3 [Tweaked+Theme+Extras] Cook: Wolfbreak Base: CM6 (2.2.3) Last Update: V4.4 Camcorder Fix 2011/March/15
X10x EW Jet Cook: erickwill Base: .435 Last Update: V020x 2011/March/15
X10x EW Jet Arc Cook: erickwill Base: .435 Last Update: V010x 2011/March/15
Cyanogen CM7.0 Cook: jerpelea Base: CM7(2.3.3) Last Update: RC1 v009 2011/March/13

Which ROMs have you tried for what version of Android?

Any others have any recommendations?

PS. If you are testing ROMs, I highly suggest you try them for at least a day....it takes several hours for the phone to properly cache the new ROM. Basically, it will be slow and clunky for a while until it caches all the important stuff. Don't just install something, give it an hour and say it is slow and on to the next.

Reactions: jhnelo
Upvote 0
i have had 2.2 ginger bread 2.1 stockbased and 2.2 something else can not remember there names. i am not testing i would like a permanent rom. i have found two ones that i would like to try. 2.1 stock based blue sparks and 2.2 [ROM]CyanogenMod_6.1.2-Xtremes[ended][21/02/2011_r1].

I have used both. I find blue sparks was little quicker, but Cyanogen had more built in stuff with it....it was less stripped down.

Then again, I didn't install Cyanogen 6.1.2.

Give them a go...just remember, don't judge the ROM in the first few minutes, give it more than a couple hours so it caches that data and works it's kinks out.

I am hoping that they get a 2.3 with a full working 8.0 megapixel camera soon. I wasn't going to install another ROM until that happens, but my patience is wearing thin and I might give one of these a try.

Let us know how it goes and if you recommend any after you give them a go.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones