• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia z3 low ringtone/Speaker issue

Jeinyx

Lurker
Jul 31, 2015
Hello, first of all my english isn't good enough to describe all i want to say, i hope it's quite enough understandable.
My device xperia z3 (D6653) has a problem on speaker with incoming calls and activate loudspeaker phone during phone calls, the ringtone is too low.. as well as my speaker in phone calls.. the music is working fine and loud as it should be (both speaker work, top and bottom) but when somebody call me the phone rings too low even though every volume level is set to max! it's even more weird because when i go to "phone ringtone" like i would to set a new one, when i play the ringtone i already put or any another one the volume is normal as it should be and both speakers work.. but the problem still goes on when somebody calls me the bottom speaker only working and the phone sound is too low to hear of course as i mentioned when i active phone speaker during a call the bottom speaker still only working and i can't hear the caller while no sound or noise near me (quite place)!!
please help me, i am really very very disappointed.. i am missing most of my incoming calls because of this, and i can't hear the when loudspeaker is activated in calls..

P.S: the phone sound overall become a bit low but pretty noticeable after lollipop update or whatever i don't know, it was more louder when i bought it new, btw the speaker issue is remained the same when it was new though..

Build number; 23.4.A.0.546

Thanks.

Reactions: jonas5064
Hello, first of all my english isn't good enough to describe all i want to say, i hope it's quite enough understandable.
My device xperia z3 (D6653) has a problem on speaker with incoming calls and activate loudspeaker phone during phone calls, the ringtone is too low.. as well as my speaker in phone calls.. the music is working fine and loud as it should be (both speaker work, top and bottom) but when somebody call me the phone rings too low even though every volume level is set to max! it's even more weird because when i go to "phone ringtone" like i would to set a new one, when i play the ringtone i already put or any another one the volume is normal as it should be and both speakers work.. but the problem still goes on when somebody calls me the bottom speaker only working and the phone sound is too low to hear of course as i mentioned when i active phone speaker during a call the bottom speaker still only working and i can't hear the caller while no sound or noise near me (quite place)!!
please help me, i am really very very disappointed.. i am missing most of my incoming calls because of this, and i can't hear the when loudspeaker is activated in calls..

P.S: the phone sound overall become a bit low but pretty noticeable after lollipop update or whatever i don't know, it was more louder when i bought it new, btw the speaker issue is remained the same when it was new though..

Build number; 23.4.A.0.546

Thanks.
The only thing you can do to fix this is root your phone...if you have a Rooted phone I will post a link on how to fix this... If your phone is not Rooted there is not much you can do... :)

I can post a link on how to root if you need it ;-)

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm having the same issue and would like to install that fix. However, in that thread it says to flash the zip file. How can I do this if I have a locked bootloader. I thought you needed to unlock the bootloader to install a custom recovery and flash the zip with the fix. Is it possible to flash the fix without unlocking / without a custom recovery?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones