• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo email in HTC

No need for yahoo mail plus.
If you go to 'options' in your yahoo email account you can select 'mail for mobile' from the menu on the left hand side. Yahoo will provide you with imap login setting for your phone. Though you will need to enter your mobile number, service provider and phone model.

I'm trying to set up ymail with the moment and have tried all the suggestions in the thread. Went to my ymail account but didn't even have a mail for mobile option on the menu. :(

I was able to set up my ymail on the hero and had no issues at all but switched over to the moment because of the physical keyboard...

Yeah!! Finally got it to work... had to trick it by using a hotmail account and then was able to go back manually and set up the ymail as imap! What a happy moment!

Upvote 0
I'm trying to set up ymail with the moment and have tried all the suggestions in the thread. Went to my ymail account but didn't even have a mail for mobile option on the menu. :(

I was able to set up my ymail on the hero and had no issues at all but switched over to the moment because of the physical keyboard...

Yeah!! Finally got it to work... had to trick it by using a hotmail account and then was able to go back manually and set up the ymail as imap! What a happy moment!

Back to the drawing board... was able to get but not send. Also, none of the attachments came through.

Upvote 0
hi guys, just got my first HTC Desire Z, im from a samsung with win mo 6.5 so having the email setup actually require me to do something other that email address and password was new to me. I did a quick look and came up with the simple solution.

when you log into yahoo.com log into your mail, in the classic mode there is an option tab on the right, it lets you chose colours and mail options.

In the mail options it allows you to select "POP and Forwarding" in this menu click on Allow your Yahoo! Mail to be POPed
When POPing my messages, dont POP spam, this changed the outcome instantly and my phone then logged on the very next attempt.

I also attempted the to convert the Imap settings from my winmo phone and this did not work, POP is the way to go, just make sure your accout is set up for it online.

Upvote 0
Directly from Yahoo for mobile answers>>>
Check the official link >>
Yahoo! Mail for Android

IMAP is another way you can get Yahoo! Mail on your phone. Using IMAP you can download messages with your mobile client, so you can access your mail even when not connected to the mobile Internet.

How to set up Yahoo! Mail with your mobile client using IMAP
  • On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
  • On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
  • Enter your full Yahoo! address and password, then select Next.
  • On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.
  • If prompted, supply the following information:
  • Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL)
  • Username: full email address (bill@yahoo.com)
  • Password: is the password you login to Yahoo! with
hope that helps - it helped me to set up my Yahoo mail for Android HTC :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones