• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube App Problem.

??? Weird - both work equally well for me.

BTW - check out the iVideo app.
Do you have a barcode for it?
I noticed that some apps have barcodes that I can just scan using the barcode scanner.
How many apps have a barcode? I would find it much easier if there was a list of apps with barcodes, so I can just scan it and d/l right away if it catches my eye. It would be something worth looking into for ease of access if there isn't already.

Upvote 0
The youtube app that came pre-loaded on the phone pulls up, and the video loads, but it never plays.

I don't know what's wrong, I try pausing and playing the video, but to no avail. This is for any video I search for with the app.

Any ideas on what's the deal?

I have no idea. I just finished using my app with only 1 bar of 3G. It plays perfectly...no lag at all. It takes 15 secs to load.

Upvote 0
I was just about to post something about this myself.

YouTube is the best stocked free and legal repository of music on the Internet today by far. There's not a song you can search for that's not available (ok the quality may by suspect, but it's there.) Ignore the videos :) I set up a playlist with what I want to listen to and then hook up my EVO in my car and hit Play All.

I've been having trouble with this lately though. Often videos will simply not load, I just get a black screen and nothing else. Tap the screen and it shows the video at 0:00 and not playing. There isn't anything I can do to get it to play. And it's seemingly random.

I'm starting to hate the YouTube App, and I'm looking for an alternative.

Upvote 0
I am having the SAME problem...in both the youtube app ANY the browser.

I was actually in my Dolphin Browser and while I was there signed in to my youtube account to see a video. I tried to view it, got the swirling "loading video" icon and then that error message.

I then remembered that there was a youtube app. Tried that...SAME PROBLEM.

I THEN thought, perhaps, it as some sort of Flash issue (WHO KNOWS....??? I thought youtube used Flash...?? And perhaps a problem with full Flash 10.1??...NO CLUE at this point, trying ANYTHING). So I ditch the app and Dolphin and launch the "Internet" browser. Super fast browser (my first launch with it since upgrading to 2.2) but SAME ERROR MESSAGE.

SOME youtube videos worked...others DID NOT.

Anyone have a reason/fix???

Scott

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones