• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zboost signal boosters

I have the zBoost dual band unit and have been happy with the results.

The easy answer is, there is a base unit and an outside antenna- base unit goes in your house, antenna goes on your roof. The outside antenna brings the outdoor signal to the base unit which sends the signal through you home and lets you use your cell. Their website explains things better but like I said, that was just the easy answer: wi-ex.com

Upvote 0
I tried the zBoost too, but I didnt have such results as gdgtgeek. My experience was after I set it up and powered the amplifier, I walked off to walk in every room, but I only had about a 5ft diameter from the inside antenna on the amp. I guess results aren't all positive. I suggest that you read all you can on a product you make a decision for a purchase.

Once I sent this kit back I did just that. I found Wilson Electronics and they referred me to one of their dealers, Unwiredsignal.com. I did my research on the company and looked at any reviews I can find and asked them a lot of questions.

Once they gave me a recommendation, they explained how it would work, how I would set it up and how much area it would cover. I only had 2 bars outside and my goal was to cover my whole home. Ok, so I purchased the kit. When I received it, I set it up according to the instructions they sent, plugged in the amp and started to walk around my home starting from where the inside antenna was mounted.... and there it was.... that beautiful usable signal. This kit didnt just bring my signal inside, it also boosted it, now I have full bars inside! All their systems work with all and any technology the provider's tower is giving off.

I recommed to you and any one else to use www.WilsonElectronics.com and www.Unwiredsignal.com. One thing is its a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Again just do some research so you atleast know or have an idea of what you ae looking for and what you are trying to achieve.

Hope this helps,
John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones