• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zenexp auto App2sd?

Blitzpwnage

Jun 3, 2010
I have been using fresh 2.1.2 and let me say it is amazing and I am going to update to the new beta ASAP but I have been reading about zenexp and its got nothing but good reviews and it sounds great, I use Apps2sd and would like to keep all my apps and not have to erase them can I do this without having to manually set up Apps2sd like if I create an ext. 3 will zenexp recognize it right away just like fresh? Also if I format and reset to factory defaults does this effect my phones profile like my email and such?

/Begin rant
You don't need a partitioned sdcard to run this. But you do need your sdcard partitioned if you want A2SD and you need to wipe your ext partition before flashing this rom. A2SD is automatic on all 0.9.6x builds. Your dalvik-cache will stay on internal memory if you use A2SD. It's more stable that way and honestly makes more sense. Just for the record not using internal storage does not mean that you'll have more ram to use. Nand (which is your internal storage) and RAM (which is your memory) are two separate things. You have plenty of space on data. Using it isn't going to slow your phone down. I can understand the need to move apps to your sdcard because you can run out of room on /data with a shit ton of apps. /End rant

Nevermind then, I found my own answer I should have just looked :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones