• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

I'm on a totally different phone and its flashed to Virgin Mobile. I tried adding the cm10.1 files I could send mms but not get them. I tried adding the apns but no go. I need to know the extact files for some reason miui mms is different.
I'm on VM also and with the 4.2.2 3D ROM + MMX Fix I could send MMS without error.

Upvote 0
I wanted to add to my collection of Virgin Mobile fixes for our device MMS and visual voicemail I don't take any credit for these only that ive collected & not deleted them, i had pure hell messing with dirty unicorns older versions & disarmed toaster trying to fix mms, that these would've fixed for me, i have my collection on drop box all zipped together
So download & keep them all cause u never know when you'll need them
The fix i used for DU is the VMD710,
25mb big
https://db.tt/R3lWsUh6

Reactions: Chicoman
Upvote 0
The disarmed toaster fix is also same as dirty unicorns, only without the apk ull see that in my zip as well, first i had to delete the original mms.apk using a root explorer , reboot into recovery flash the CM10+cache fix not 10.1 or you'll get mms crash errors on sending, , then i rebooted back into recovery & flashed the vmd710 without apk,

& mms works fine

Weird thing is all the frustration of entering
SPRINT

THEN THE MMSC

That's not what i have after flashing the vmd710

Attached in pic is what i got & mms works

Edited:
To add the collection of mms & visual voicemail fixs again only in this one i found a couple more & added them to the zip, the first 1 was 25mb big this one is 29mb big has the same flashable zips for mms & vvm + a couple others i found i forgot i had zipped that makes it 29mb, ill keep both links active though
29mb big
https://db.tt/c9DNplvR

Edit again:
Also wanted to add i still had to open voice dialer saying open Apns & select the bubble that wasn't highlighted selected after flashing and highlight the bubble

Attachments

• 1380868848401.jpg
    1380868848401.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 1380868858689.jpg
    1380868858689.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 1380868868518.jpg
    1380868868518.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
It works intially for disarmed toaster but noticed it stops functioning at some point usually after u download all the apps you want haven't figured out how to get it back working so flashed back to DU

But could've sworn there was during one of the disarmed toasters in the install one version that had the option for Virgin but guess not

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones