• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [zip]Seeder Entropy (Lag reduction)

I flashed the zip file and wipe cache and dalvik rebooted runs good. As well wanted to ask you if your doing your daily reboot suggested by Blood and others.

my phone gets heavy use, so needless to say but my battery doesn't last 24 hours. It dies after about 14 to16 hours. I always wait for my phone to die before I recharge it.

Upvote 0
This is really making something, but on my marquee isn't anything good, whit seeder i got more noticeable lags, bot: the zip file and the apk, even lowers values on benchmarks.

Maybe the pimp my rom teaks affect it, i dont know, but cant see anything good with seeder.
Pimp my Rom, now there's a fantastic tool for fuching your phone up. I would un-install that before flashing this to test it. More often than not people do more harm with that shit than good.

I posted the link here because a shit ton of people with various devices reported positive effects after flashing...they even tested to prove their performance increases. Are they lying? Are they making it up to attract some sort of attention because their daddy didn't pay enough attention to them when they were kids or does it actually work?

It works.

Instead of rummaging around to find stories on the internet that claim it doesn't work(there's way more that claim it does). Try flashing it.....after un-installing bs like Pimp my rom.

Edit: More of a difference will be realized on CTMod than ICS/JB based roms for obvious reasons.

Upvote 0
Pimp my Rom, now there's a fantastic tool for fuching your phone up. I would un-install that before flashing this to test it. More often than not people do more harm with that shit than good.

I posted the link here because a shit ton of people with various devices reported positive effects after flashing...they even tested to prove their performance increases. Are they lying? Are they making it up to attract some sort of attention because their daddy didn't pay enough attention to them when they were kids or does it actually work?

It works.

Instead of rummaging around to find stories on the internet that claim it doesn't work(there's way more that claim it does). Try flashing it.....after un-installing bs like Pimp my rom.

Edit: More of a difference will be realized on CTMod than ICS/JB based roms for obvious reasons.

As i said, i don't think it a placebo, this works on some devices, in others don't (that's what people have been reporting).
Whit my marquee i can't see any improvements, it was the opposite, but i install seeder (apk) in brother's phone (Moto MB200) and he told me the phone is a little more responsive now.

I hope this whole thing about entropy/seeder or whatever it is bring something good to android developers, in that way everyone will wining :D

Upvote 0
Read something interesting on XDA about using /dev/urandom as input for /dev/random :

Elnareen says:

- LWN published an article one month ago on why this is a very bad idea (essentially, it makes the kernel thinks that he has entropy he has not, more explanations in the full article there: https://lwn.net/Articles/525459/)

- You can do it without even running some cron regurlarly, and that's why that's an even worse trap for the system administrator in Linux in general (quoted from the same article):

Quote: Administrator recommendations

"You really, really want to run rngd", Peter said. It should be started as early as possible during system boot-up, so that the applications have early access to the randomness that it provides.

One thing you should not do is the following:

rngd -r /dev/urandom

Peter noted that he had seen this command in several places on the web. Its effect is to connect the output of the kernel's RNG back into itself, fooling the kernel into believing it has an endless supply of entropy.

This is exactly what this application does, and a text book example of what should never be done
(so no, don't include that in ROMs by default or use it at all !)

Now the thing is how to figure out the right way which achieve the same effect of reduced lag or placebo? ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones