• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Anthem officially announced!

I dont really get the hype with all the new phones.
For myself upgrading from Optimus M to LG Motion was like an upgrade from pentium 4 to nice quad core. Yes you can buy new latest processor for $1000 but for a casual user it wont matter. So most people now upgrade from nice quad core to even faster quadcores, which really does not make that much sense to me.
It's getting to the point when no matter how much you are going to pay for a smartphone you are going to get fast and responsive device. IMO there is no reason to waste money on high end phones in nearest future.
Phones are not made to render grachics, edit movies, gpaphic design. How much better can it get.

Upvote 0
I went into a local North Dallas authorized dealer a few minutes ago. I got a chance to hold one and look at it turned on. It's nice. I compared it side by side with my Optimus M+. Quite the size difference. I didn't get a chance to do a lot of intensive stuff to really test it, but I didn't notice any appreciable lag due to only having 512 MB RAM. The screen was nice. Overall, I really thought it looked nice. It wasn't a lightweight either, but not like carrying a 45mm either. :D

Upvote 0
Is it me or does it look exactly like the Ascend?

zte-anthem-4g-metropcs.jpg

edit.....Shiny needs to use the search feature before posting :D

By the way, the app drawer doesn't look like in the above picture. It's not too dis-similar to the LG launcher on the OM+

Upvote 0
Its a mystery what they are doing with prices . I think I should sell my esteem ASAP before the prices go down lol

I was selling my Esteem for $255 on eBay, and the highest bid on it is at $153. It hasn't moved from there for a few days. So I just now check Metro's website, and see that the Esteem is now at $279, lol down from $379. Huge drop. I'm supposed to send this phone out in a few days, but problem is, I put the "bidding limit" around the rumored S3 date (today) :/ stupid move by me. Still a few days left before the bidding limit is over, and i don't think by then the S3 will be available. If not, ima have to throw in a free SD card if they can wait a few more days before I send it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones