• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Z796C majesty light goes off

C

cowboytough

Just got this today and can't figure out how to keep the light or screen on - when i make a call it goes black - is there a setting that i can't find? once on the phone, i'd like to be able to see the screen...help? ZTE Z796C majesty light goes off

Roller24 is correct. this happened to my zte majesty after I put some sparkly things on my screen on the very top and bottom edges. I didn't know it was a problem until I had to call a company that needed me to press 1 or 2 for whatever and my screen went off so I couldn't get a dial bad back up. I googled the issue and found help sharing that help there. if you recently put a screen protector or stickers or something on your screen or maybe a new case or whatever, remove and see if that helps. also trying carefully wiping the phone with alcohol to clean possibly dirty sensors. ive heard of people blowing in the holes too lol. a bit of dust or some particle could be affecting the sensor. good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones