• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV4 De-Sprint'ed and De-LG'ed..mostly.

I'm having trouble connecting any data (no internet), my wifi is on and I get a radio signal. however I cannot ##update# anymore, and the "software updates" in the settings menu dont work anymore... any suggestions?....
Edit: Bah, it magicly now has 4g... I have no keyboard but if i can get play...there it is. ok im good, for now.
Edit: So the android keyboard is there it just wasn't active, but who cares "google keyboard" is the shixx.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know if this is because of the ROM or me not paying...I have no 3G/EvDo service. I will get LTE. Also, spontaneously after connecting to WiFi it auto activated. And I'm absolutely confused as to why its only working for me?! (Lockscreen)
uploadfromtaptalk1417242993421.jpg

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is because of the ROM or me not paying...I have no 3G/EvDo service. I will get LTE. Also, spontaneously after connecting to WiFi it auto activated. And I'm absolutely confused as to why its only working for me?! (Lockscreen)
View attachment 77909
I'll give it a try. One thing should only work with cwm not twrp or Phil's

Upvote 0
Yeah i'm only flashing with CWM if i expect it to work right...at the moment. BY the way, for some reason there is a CWM superuser app installed to the system but its not ever worked for me... Anyone else having trouble with it?
I'll give it a look one it finishes downloading. This host is hella slow. I have 100Mbs so anything slower the 10Mbs feels like a slug to me.

Upvote 0
Yeah i'm only flashing with CWM if i expect it to work right...at the moment. BY the way, for some reason there is a CWM superuser app installed to the system but its not ever worked for me... Anyone else having trouble with it?
Forgot to mention. Towelroot no longer works. You have to flash some sort of root zip. (I recommend Chainfire's zip) Also...have any of you tried setting the wallpaper on the basic effect then changing it?

Upvote 0
So i get a security error when i try to flash this clean or dirty and ive tried all the recoveries.
Make sure you download his latest version! I tried to flash one of his older ones and got the same error... I think the one I have that works is called "x5_spr_FOR_REALS_THIS_TIME.zip" make sure that you flash it with clockworkmod only cause I tried philz touch and TWRP and when I flashed with those the home button wouldn't work and I couldn't get to the settings from the notifications drawer and on top of that my LTE wouldn't work.

Upvote 0
OP is going to be updated with all these useful information tidbits. (##update# if no LTE)
And the real .zip file. Should I delete the other files?
Thanks man, i just dirty flashed the new. zip and its working great. I would personally delete the other files just because last week i was in a jam and flashed one and didn't get my texts, calls, network til 3 am when i finally factory reset and then ran ##update# and everything sprang back to life. I was sitting in an abandoned building with no way to reach my family tbeday it happened lol. Keep up the good work, this one is just right ✅

Upvote 0
OP is going to be updated with all these useful information tidbits. (##update# if no LTE)
And the real .zip file. Should I delete the other files?
Thanks man, i just dirty flashed the new. zip and its working great. I would personally delete the other files just because last week i was in a jam and flashed one and didn't get my texts, calls, network til 3 am when i finally factory reset and then ran ##update# and everything sprang back to life. I was sitting in an abandoned building with no way to reach my family the day it happened lol. Keep up the good work, this one is just right ✅

Upvote 0
In Philz I did a factory wipe then install from zip.With x5_spr_FOR_REALS_THIS_TIME.zip all went well except no phone service has red x above antenna in bar. Tried ##update# which I just get a screen flash and ##scrtn# which does a reboot. But still no phone data. When I try to update PRL and Profile in android update section I get nothing. I also went and install radio.zip through Philz but same results.

Upvote 0
In Philz I did a factory wipe then install from zip.With x5_spr_FOR_REALS_THIS_TIME.zip all went well except no phone service has red x above antenna in bar. Tried ##update# which I just get a screen flash and ##scrtn# which does a reboot. But still no phone data. When I try to update PRL and Profile in android update section I get nothing. I also went and install radio.zip through Philz but same results.
clockworkmod not philz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones