• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZVE Baseband

Ok, to clear up a few things;

1 if you are using a custom recovery, the ota update will fail everytime
2 if it is the same issue as with the Revo, the new update does not like old data. DO A FULL WIPE. especially if using a custom rom.
3 The root tool found in the revo forum here on AF should root the device. it worked on a few esteems and revos that i have worked on recently with the new update.

Upvote 0
Ok, to clear up a few things;

1 if you are using a custom recovery, the ota update will fail everytime
2 if it is the same issue as with the Revo, the new update does not like old data. DO A FULL WIPE. especially if using a custom rom.
3 The root tool found in the revo forum here on AF should root the device. it worked on a few esteems and revos that i have worked on recently with the new update.

well correct me if im wrong but a data wipe is always neccessary when using a de-odex rom and switching to odex rom (Stock updates are always odex'd)

-also on a sidenote, unless we have modem flashers (baseband versions) then you must manually update the device yourself before using zve based roms otherwise your #'s wont match up and may cause service issues

just want you all to know im working on/with the zve base as i speak :D

Upvote 0
well correct me if im wrong but a data wipe is always neccessary when using a de-odex rom and switching to odex rom (stock updates are always odex'd)

-also on a sidenote, unless we have modem flashers (baseband versions) then you must manually update the device yourself before using zve based roms otherwise your #'s wont match up and may cause service issues

just want you all to know im working on/with the zve base as i speak :d

thank you sir! :d

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones