• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 Orange HTC Desire Issues UK

Hello people,

As many have said I wish I hadn't updated as I've experienced custom icons not displaying, slow web scrolling, sms not sending/receiving, lock screens freezing, wayyyy too long to connect to calls and a general all round sluggish-ness. Prior to the update my phone was turned on at 8am and with around 30 mins of calls and the same of browsing I was left with around 60-70% battery at 5pm. Now the update has been done at 5pm with exactly the same useage and apps I am left with 30%, meaning I have to charge as soon as I get in from work which is a royal PITA :mad:

I think I am going to factory reset but wanted to ask a question before I do it.

I've moved as much as I can to SD card but there are some apps left on the phone itself. If I do reset I am assuming those apps will be deleted...does this mean that when I re-install them I will be charged again?

Thanks guys :)

I did a factory reset and this whole "charge it up to 100% whilst it's on, then turn it off whilst wearing waders and continue to charge until a blue parrot lands on your toaster, and then..." But the battery life is still not very impressive, I left off apps that may run in the background that I didn't actually need (3g Watchdog as I've loads of data on my plan etc) and I am still having custom icons revert back to standard and although changing them back to custom is no biggy it's still a pain to have to do.

Everything was definately quicker, smoother and without the little niggles (icons etc) before I updated, and IMO that far outweighed whatever extras I got from 2.2.

Oh well :(

Reactions: DOBBIN64 and sare99
Upvote 0
Worse! I followed the guide and rootes, and aoplied the pays Rom ..and its even laggier! :(

I did a wipe before I installed it , is there autjing else i ahouls be doibg or another Ron I hills try?

What is the significance of the baseband (called the radio I've discovered after crawling through pages and pages) and android version, kernel and build?
God, even as i type this there ia a horrible lag between bitton press and actual response!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you use the complete radio + rom package when you did the install ? this one is very stable and bloody fast !

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm now having the problem were I am unable to download anything from the android market! It's been a week or so since I noticed nothing was downloading or updating. I've tried a few things with google talk as apparently that was supposed to fix it but have had no luck :(

Anyone having this problem or know or a cure??

Cheers

There was a problem with the market, I've had trouble for the last week or so. It's not an Android or phone issue, it's the Market itself. Read on Twitter yesterday that it was sorted and managed to update 7 apps no problem today. Did the Market work for you after you updated to 2.2? If it did, and you haven't changed your network settings, then the problem is one of two things: (1) Market is still having probs where you are, or (2) you have a low storage warning (133/147mb remaining) which can also cause updates to stall at the "Starting download" point.

Upvote 0
Of course [ROM] [18/10] Pre-rooted Stock Froyo (2.10.405.2) [Optional mods] - xda-developers . It's the first one and it's pre rooted so that your phone stays rooted. Then install cache cleaner from the market and let it do it's thing. That should solve all your issues. Personally, I couldn't be more happy.

Thanks man! That sorted my phone out proper! Nice and zippy now.

Next step..need to learn how to tweak other bits. Any recommends for any thing else worth installing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones