• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry birds?

Yeah this is only the lite version in beta testing. So many different handsets out there I suppose it makes sense to just do a public beta.

Anyway the game rocks just as much as the iPhone version. Smooth, slick and endless fun! Bring on the full version!!

On a side note, why can't there be more games like this for Android? Most of the games (and apps for that matter) seem to be lacking something; a certain 'polished' feel you get with the iPhone stuff. It's clearly possible to do nice UI's and graphics so why are we seeing so many with poorly engineered front ends?

Take Blow Up for example. The guts of it are great - smooth, slick, nice physics engine and overall, a fun game. But why does it have to look so... awful? Are the devs just bad at this kinda thing? I assume the iPhone's SDK has something built in to help them with that sort of thing, because Android's clearly doesn't!

And on another side note, I hope the devs behind MiniGore bring that to android soon too. That would be the icing on the frozen yoghurt for me! :D

Upvote 0
I'm on the incredible and everytime it launches it closes right away. There was a review on the market that said if you keep tapping on the screen as soon as it launches, it works. Give it a try!

This works on the EVO as well. It didn't work with one finger. I had to take my index and middle fingers and continuously tap on both sides of the big red bird to get it to work.

All while standing on one leg :D

All kidding aside, it worked...

Upvote 0
Moar Please!!!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• CAP201009032026.jpg
    CAP201009032026.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
Now I havent had time to expirement too much with this, but when I open the application, as soon as the white Rovio screen appears, I start sliding my finger around the screen in circles until it gets to the main menu, and the popup notification that it is just the beta. Dont know why, but it never crashes when I do this. If I dont; it continually crashes.

Nice, got this working on Android 1.6 using this method. Thanks!

Upvote 0
downloaded and can play the game fine on my Desire, but a couple of times now when I exit the game, it seems to disable my touch screen for a while.

I can still use the power button and side buttons but not the screen. the first time this happened I had to battery pull, the most recent time it eventually came back but the phone started opening loads of things (as if it was trying to catch up with all the touchscreen commands)

anyone have this problem?

Upvote 0
Any idea when this will be coming to HTC Hero on Android 2.1?
They said they aren't supporting the hero because it runs too slow. Some phones are just too old. They did say that it runs well on the HERO with a certain froyo rom. Check their twitter.

This is the only game I bothered to play all the way through on my android phone(s). Even though it's just the lite version with like half the levels. I eagerly away the full version.

I would love some games with more polish like this one....

Upvote 0
Yeah no kidding. Maybe because it was so hyped my expectations were set too high. I only got through 2 levels before I lost interest. Is there more than just flinging birds?

This. It's identical to Crush the Castle (and is in fact an imitator). I'd understand the excitement if World of Goo or Plants vs Zombies was ported to Android, but this strikes me as incredibly dull.

Upvote 0
Yeah no kidding. Maybe because it was so hyped my expectations were set too high. I only got through 2 levels before I lost interest. Is there more than just flinging birds?
You haven't even played far enough into the game to get the different types of birds with different special effects and damage types. Once you get all the different bird types, then there's strategy to each level to maximize success.

Upvote 0
Yeah this is only the lite version in beta testing. So many different handsets out there I suppose it makes sense to just do a public beta.

Anyway the game rocks just as much as the iPhone version. Smooth, slick and endless fun! Bring on the full version!!

On a side note, why can't there be more games like this for Android? Most of the games (and apps for that matter) seem to be lacking something; a certain 'polished' feel you get with the iPhone stuff. It's clearly possible to do nice UI's and graphics so why are we seeing so many with poorly engineered front ends?

Take Blow Up for example. The guts of it are great - smooth, slick, nice physics engine and overall, a fun game. But why does it have to look so... awful? Are the devs just bad at this kinda thing? I assume the iPhone's SDK has something built in to help them with that sort of thing, because Android's clearly doesn't!

And on another side note, I hope the devs behind MiniGore bring that to android soon too. That would be the icing on the frozen yoghurt for me! :D
This pretty much hit our predicamentspot on. There is some good games out there, but most aren't near as polished as their ios4 counterparts. Hopefully we will be getting games with better quality now that we have angrybirds to raise the bar :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones