• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry birds?

This. It's identical to Crush the Castle (and is in fact an imitator). I'd understand the excitement if World of Goo or Plants vs Zombies was ported to Android, but this strikes me as incredibly dull.

You are obviously in the minority. And trust me, this is leaps and bounds more diverse than Crush the Castle. As others have suggested, this is the "Lite" version. Later levels are far more complex and require much more strategy.

It's still a simple game, no question, but that's part of the novelty.

Besides, I don't see PopCap or any other major mobile developer (minus Gameloft) bringing any worth titles to the Android System.

Android as a "gaming platform" is nearly non-existent. I really hope this changes, as the iPhone serves as a prime example of how well developers can do on the smartphone market.

Upvote 0
Now I havent had time to expirement too much with this, but when I open the application, as soon as the white Rovio screen appears, I start sliding my finger around the screen in circles until it gets to the main menu, and the popup notification that it is just the beta. Dont know why, but it never crashes when I do this. If I dont; it continually crashes.

i can't believe this worked lol

Upvote 0
This. It's identical to Crush the Castle (and is in fact an imitator). I'd understand the excitement if World of Goo or Plants vs Zombies was ported to Android, but this strikes me as incredibly dull.
THAT must be why Angry Birds is the single most popular mobile phone game in the world. Crush the Castle is... really.... popular. I mean just look at what it offers. A single trebuchet with NO way of accurately aiming your cannonball. No interesting abilities or varied enemy types. Angry Birds is just way too complicated with the added depth of having multiple types of birds with interesting skills. Also... the lame\dull graphics of Crush the Castle are far superior to the refreshing and colorful look of Angry Birds....

Upvote 0
It doesn't change my opinion that the gameplay's incredibly dull and basic. No amount of hype and pretty graphics will change that. Zzzzz. Now excuse me while I go play real games on my PC, boys.

You know what else is dull and basic? Bejeweled... Tetris... PacMan... Dig-Dug... Bubble Spinner... Solitaire... Flight Control... Kitten Cannon... etc...

...oh wait, I've spent hours playing those games too.

Upvote 0
Why do people insist on posting in a thread if they have no interest in, or don't care for, the subject at hand? If you don't care for Angry Birds, then fine, don't participate in it. Why waste the time of those who are interested? I myself can't stand Bowling, but I don't seek out discussions on Bowling just to voice my low opinion of it.

Upvote 0
Moar Please!!!!!

attachment.php

Any advice on level 15? It's the only one I've yet to get three stars in.

Upvote 0
For Evo and Incredible users: Tapping on the screen quickly while it is loading with two thumbs should get you into the main menu. I have no idea why but it seems to work. I've tried the rubbing the screen in circle trick from other users but had no success. Tapping worked though.

Upvote 0
Madly in love with this game. It's stupid. It's mindless. It's one of the dumbest games ever. I'm addicted. 'nuff said.

Yes, this game is amazingly addicting. Dumb fun sells!

For those comparing this game to "real" games, look at how many PS3's and 360's have been sold compared to the Wii. (Note: I own all 3 systems)

At the end of the day, money talks. Regardless of your opinion on the games themselves, you can't argue that they sell very well. Keep the dumb fun going. Can't wait for the retail release. :D

Upvote 0
Yes, this game is amazingly addicting. Dumb fun sells!

For those comparing this game to "real" games, look at how many PS3's and 360's have been sold compared to the Wii. (Note: I own all 3 systems)

At the end of the day, money talks. Regardless of your opinion on the games themselves, you can't argue that they sell very well. Keep the dumb fun going. Can't wait for the retail release. :D

These games work best for mobiles because you dip in and out of them. You may need to stop playing (arrive at train stop, phone rings or whatever) and can easily continue. Long games just don't work, and the success of the Wii reflects how most people are casual gamers - not people who will spend a whole weekend playing one simple game.

It's no wonder Angry Birds does so well - especially as you can go back and play levels you've already done over and over, even if you've already got 3 stars. Some are just fun to play full stop.

I'm not knocking other game types obviously, but I think Nintendo proves that the casual gamers are far bigger in numbers than the hardcore ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones