• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone get a refurb yet?

You will def get all paid apps back..or you should at least...furthermore...take the card out of the new one and put it in your old droid. Keep your original card and put it in the new droid. Make sure you send back your old droid with the new card in it. You want to keep all your data w/ out having to transfer it yourself. :)

Upvote 0
You will def get all paid apps back..or you should at least...furthermore...take the card out of the new one and put it in your old droid. Keep your original card and put it in the new droid. Make sure you send back your old droid with the new card in it. You want to keep all your data w/ out having to transfer it yourself. :)

Can you update as to whether or not you can get your paid apps. I had to swap my Droid for a new one yesterday and now 75% of my paid apps do not show up. I also cannot search for them either. After spending over 2 hours with Verizon, they gave up. I'm curious to see everyone else's outcome.

Upvote 0
I am on my second like-new certified phone. I actually trust refurbs more than new phones, and I am confused why most people don't. A Verizon in-store technician told me once that refurbs have to go through a more rigorous examination procedure than do new phones - since they know the bugs and flaws the second time around, they know what to fix or replace. I am almost certain that quality control on refurbs is better than on new devices. I am on my 6th!!! droid, and my current phone and last phone were refurbs. Of my 6 phones, the refurbished ones were the best quality by far. I only returned the last one because the slider was a little teeny bit too loose for my comfort. It worked perfectly besides that. My current like-new phone is the BEST of the six. It's build quality and software have zero flaws as far as I am concerned.

A refurbished phone just means that the manufacturer (and Droid refurbs come from Motorola, not Verizon) had more of a chance to inspect that specific phone and address any new or known issues. Have confidence, I have never in my 15 years as a cell phone owner received a refurbished device that was not up to par.

Upvote 0
as far as i can tell i got all my paid apps back. It looks like the only app i did not get back was a battery meter widget (free). Other than that the phone looks great and acts great. I agree about the refurbs still its like the great unknown.

I did not have the phone on more than a few mins and it dl the update to the new OS. Thats the main reason i sent my other one back.

I think iam just going to pull my back up of my sd card over to the new one and erase the old one then do a factory reset and send it on its way.
Unless anyone has any better ideas.

Upvote 0
Just an update. I got all of my apps back, even the paid ones. I did have to set up my exchange email again but the encryption on the wifi came back and connected. I had to put some of the short cuts backs and that's about it. The phone looks great, looks new. Everything so far is working great!! I am very happy!

Upvote 0
okay so get this...i started another thread on this but ill post here...I think the reason my phone now (the one i am replacing) had it's screen loosened from the shell holster case...I am almost positive the top part of the case pryes the screen away from from the keyboard on the left side...causing the screen to loosen...now it clicks when i push the left side of the screen down...The tabs that grab onto the screen i think are too thick!

I didn't post this in the other thread I started cuz I actually have your guys attention hahaha...I will add this post to the other thread as well.

Any of you have this case? Did it cause this problem?

Upvote 0
okay so get this...i started another thread on this but ill post here...I think the reason my phone now (the one i am replacing) had it's screen loosened from the shell holster case...I am almost positive the top part of the case pryes the screen away from from the keyboard on the left side...causing the screen to loosen...now it clicks when i push the left side of the screen down...The tabs that grab onto the screen i think are too thick!

I didn't post this in the other thread I started cuz I actually have your guys attention hahaha...I will add this post to the other thread as well.

Any of you have this case? Did it cause this problem?

My case seems to be doing this to my Droid. I put it on, no click. I take it off, press, clicking in 2 corners. It seems looser every single time I use it. I'm thinking about replacing my super loose Droid right now.

Upvote 0
Moneymaker...you get a new droid if you are within thirty days of purchase. After which they give you a refurb. Also, refurbs have been found to be in better shape than new ones.

On another note. The shell holster case is definitely the culprit here that has loosened the screen on my phone. How should i go about letting verizon know of the defect?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones