Apps that currently do NOT work on the Xoom

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Both work on the Gtablet, so maybe dynamic storage related (Honeycomb).

gTablet and Xoom have same chipsets, so kind of okay to compare them. At least to see what is Tegra or Honeycomb related for not working.

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm not sure if this is a sarcastic statement or not. But I'm glad that there are early adopters. This is a good thread to let us know what to expect if we buy the Xoom now.

Can all of you early adopters edit your posts or start a new thread if there are updates on some of the apps that aren't working when they start working.

Thanks again.
  3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Marketplace -> My Apps

It will show what needs updating on that screen. Then again, sorry, I'm using a droid x, but I would think that gmail would be universal for all phones.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

thats how updates are handled. it takes a couple shakes of a lambs tale for updates to reach everyone. just because i may see an update today does not necessarily mean you will see it too at the same time...
  5. ahaddad

ahaddad Member

Doodle jump, super tumble, and four player reactor don't really work.
  6. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

7. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

Does Wallpaper Set and Save work? Also, can you create and modify Microsoft Office documents using the default browser and Skydrive (Microsoft Web Apps)?
  8. phata31681

phata31681 Member

does anyone know if k9-mail works on the xoom
  9. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

10. knivesout

knivesout Well-Known Member

11. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Having trouble getting Pure Calendar Widgets to show up.
  12. technotorrent

technotorrent Member

need to add titanium backup and shoot me to the list for rooted users. at first i thought that it was't properly rooted but rom manager has no complaint about not having root access although there is not a curretly distributed version of clockwork mod or roms for it to test that out on.
  13. rajones19

rajones19 Member

Seesmic not working for me, unfortunately. It starts, but hangs and FCs before I can get to the screen where you enter login information. Tried to alert the developer, but they don't make that easy, either.
  14. NTexican

NTexican Member

Mixzing not working yet. It couldn't find any music, and was causing the regular music app to force close.
  15. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Seriously installing spare parts has made all apps work now. Very nice and no reason to complain anymore.
  16. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

SplashID doesn't work.
  17. DoctorWu

DoctorWu Member

18. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Well-Known Member

FYI, and I'm not sure anyone cares since no one ever replied to my message about it, but, Trillian has been updated with Honeycomb fixes. I can now sign in on the Xoom. VERY happy now. :)
  19. Zellster

Zellster Active Member

PlayOn. It uses Flash so no joy.

This will be a great app for the Xoom, if it works.
  20. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

The Everquest II Companion doesn't work. The login button does not exist for some reason.
  21. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I don't have a Xoom (yet, but VERY interested) and I use Trillian ALL the time. I was going to suggest visiting their site to post the incompatibility if you hadn't posted that they fixed it.
  22. SamuriHL

I'm using the update right now and it's working great. Very pleased.
  23. Packetdancer

Packetdancer New Member

Yay! If you find any other tablet-related issues in Trillian's Android version, please toss it into our bug tracker. Right now our focus is on pulling the 'continuous client' support into all our various versions (WHEE TOO MANY BUILDS), but we still want to get any tablet-related quirks flagged and dealt with as quickly as possible. :)
  24. SamuriHL

Now that's some service! :) I used Trillian all day to talk to my wife at work and it worked flawlessly. Notifications, etc, all working great. I *SOOOO* want the continuous client update, so, when you get that out I am going to be incredibly happy. One freaky thing I'll report in your tracker is the sign in screen doesn't rotate. I wish it would cause I keep the Xoom docked a lot of time and in the folio case when at work so that's a little awkward. But, I really truly appreciate the fast update for honeycomb and getting it to work on the Xoom. REALLY looking forward to the next update for my Droid and Xoom. :)
  25. Packet

Packet Member

Oh hey, look, I found my original account. MUCH BETTER. Now I can just be Packet instead.

Continuous client should work between Android and Trillian 5.0 on Windows already. It won't to OS X just yet, however; I'm working on that as we speak. (Must... finish... regression tests! Need... dinner! So... hungry I'm... speaking... like Shatner!)

That's not Xoom-specific (or even Honeycomb specific), but I can see how it would be way more obnoxious on a tablet, yeah. Might not hurt to toss a link to the ticket onto the Android section of our forums to get folks to vote up the ticket, too.

(Tickets in Bugzilla that have been voted up get higher priority attention when we put together a list of 'what should get addressed in the next build.' I.e., the squeakiest wheels tend to get grease the quickest.)
    lapadroid and SamuriHL like this.