• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you giving up on the Supersonic?

Are you giving up on the Supersonic?

• Yes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Supersonic is going to be official soon, it seems like we should have an "Official HTC Supersonic Thread". I would like to see the first post in that thread continually updated with specs, pictures and the latest pertinent information. Right now, we're basically writing to three different threads and it's confusing as to where you should post.

Does anyone want to take responsibility to manage such a thread? I will volunteer, but I don't want to jump in there and create a new thread if someone else wants to do it.

Bill

Bill, I think this is a good idea. You managing it seems like another good idea to me. You appear to be the most active with regards to Supersonic posts.

Upvote 0
Since the Supersonic is going to be official soon, it seems like we should have an "Official HTC Supersonic Thread". I would like to see the first post in that thread continually updated with specs, pictures and the latest pertinent information. Right now, we're basically writing to three different threads and it's confusing as to where you should post.

Does anyone want to take responsibility to manage such a thread? I will volunteer, but I don't want to jump in there and create a new thread if someone else wants to do it.

Bill

This is a great idea! And you have done a great job of pulling together alot of info for us! So I think you taking responsibility is a great idea Bills!

Upvote 0
I agree, Bill get it going. I have enjoyed trying to track this phone on here for a while and your activity certainly has been good for any of us looking for info.

I have the good fortune of having a hero and already qualifying for another upgrade, due to Sprint customer service taking great care of me. So I am eagerly awaiting this phone as my hero has been fun but frustrating at the same time.

And I am in a 4G network area. I have clear for my home internet and can say that the dallas area coverage is pretty good. If the mobile version is as good I can say I do connect at 2-6 mbs easily with times of up to 8. Upload speeds not quite as good. I dont know if there is any direct connection to the two services, but if I had a phone connecting as fast, that would be really nice.

Upvote 0
I agree, Bill get it going. I have enjoyed trying to track this phone on here for a while and your activity certainly has been good for any of us looking for info.

I have the good fortune of having a hero and already qualifying for another upgrade, due to Sprint customer service taking great care of me. So I am eagerly awaiting this phone as my hero has been fun but frustrating at the same time.

And I am in a 4G network area. I have clear for my home internet and can say that the dallas area coverage is pretty good. If the mobile version is as good I can say I do connect at 2-6 mbs easily with times of up to 8. Upload speeds not quite as good. I dont know if there is any direct connection to the two services, but if I had a phone connecting as fast, that would be really nice.

Thanks for posting again bimmjo. I appreciate your vote of confidence. I also have the Hero and have had zero problems with it since the OTA update last November. As much as I like the phone, I can't wait for the Supersonic, mostly because of the bigger screen and the faster processor.

You are so lucky to have WiMAX coverage. The idea of having wireless Internet instead of all that cabling sounds like a good way to go. You're the first one I've heard talk about it that actually has it. Any comments you want to make about WiMAX, especially in the other thread I started about WiMAX would be welcomed. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks again,

Bill

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Alright, the camera is 8MP. I figure since that's being speculated on anyways, I'm safe in saying that. But there's more to the camera setup on this phone.

I feel like I should give you guys riddles or something, could be fun.

Front-facing camera? I'd think that video calling to supported phones would be a great show-off feature on a 4G phone.

I also use their Wimax as my home internet service. I use the modem/base station thing that picks up the signal so I can hook up a wifi router for the house. My laptop also has a Wimax radio but they would charge me more to use another device. Since my girlfriend's laptop doesn't have a Wimax radio I just stick to the wifi in the house. If I ever needed it I could pay $10 for a day of Wimax access on the laptop anyway. Like people mentioned, I get around 5-7mbps down and maybe a meg or two up. Haven't run a speed test in a little while so I forget the specifics.

I would guess that this phone will switch into 4g where available just like 2g/3g phones default to the fastest available network. I can't see them charging any more for the plans as cost is their trump card at Sprint and Wimax is only out in 10-15 cities now (with more to come before the year is out).

I also have heard from a few other people that testing and improving the software is still underway so perhaps they are working out the bugs and new features of this unique device. There are always growing pains when you do something new and I would guess the first Android phone with this hardware and 2g/3g/4g radio would have its share. Hopefully they test it well and roll out quick updates when the initial wave inevitably runs across the odd bug or two.

I am very excited for this phone. I've held off on getting a phone with a virtual QWERTY and I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on an Android phone knowing something of this caliber was on the way from my preferred carrier. Where I live in the DC/Baltimore area, Sprint service is excellent and a real value over the competition. I always hesitate to choose carrier based on a handset and try to choose based on cost and coverage. In this case I think I will have both of those and a great handset to boot!

Thanks for all the info on the forums and I will be watching closely along with you all next week!

Upvote 0
Front-facing camera? I'd think that video calling to supported phones would be a great show-off feature on a 4G phone.

I also use their Wimax as my home internet service. I use the modem/base station thing that picks up the signal so I can hook up a wifi router for the house. My laptop also has a Wimax radio but they would charge me more to use another device. Since my girlfriend's laptop doesn't have a Wimax radio I just stick to the wifi in the house. If I ever needed it I could pay $10 for a day of Wimax access on the laptop anyway. Like people mentioned, I get around 5-7mbps down and maybe a meg or two up. Haven't run a speed test in a little while so I forget the specifics.

I would guess that this phone will switch into 4g where available just like 2g/3g phones default to the fastest available network. I can't see them charging any more for the plans as cost is their trump card at Sprint and Wimax is only out in 10-15 cities now (with more to come before the year is out).

I also have heard from a few other people that testing and improving the software is still underway so perhaps they are working out the bugs and new features of this unique device. There are always growing pains when you do something new and I would guess the first Android phone with this hardware and 2g/3g/4g radio would have its share. Hopefully they test it well and roll out quick updates when the initial wave inevitably runs across the odd bug or two.

I am very excited for this phone. I've held off on getting a phone with a virtual QWERTY and I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on an Android phone knowing something of this caliber was on the way from my preferred carrier. Where I live in the DC/Baltimore area, Sprint service is excellent and a real value over the competition. I always hesitate to choose carrier based on a handset and try to choose based on cost and coverage. In this case I think I will have both of those and a great handset to boot!

Thanks for all the info on the forums and I will be watching closely along with you all next week!

Thanks for stopping by, neodorian. I find your comments very interesting as I have not had a chance to use WiMAX. I'm sure that's the case for most of us, but I'm hoping we will all become familiar with it in the coming days.

Upvote 0
Alright, the camera is 8MP. I figure since that's being speculated on anyways, I'm safe in saying that. But there's more to the camera setup on this phone.

I feel like I should give you guys riddles or something, could be fun.

Ouhei,

At the top of this thread, I posted the "rumored specs" and made a couple of changes based on new information. If you're inclined and would like to offer input of any kind, please feel free.

Thanks,

Bill

Upvote 0
Hi Bill -

I would trust that Engadget would do a live web feed of the event. I think they are one of the best doing live coverage on these type of events.

-Cary

Thanks Cary for reminding us of that. I also read today that CNBC is going to carry all the keynote speeches live and they will have a webcast at www.ctia.cnbc.com (not active yet). More information can also be found on their website at www.cnbc.com/id/35913038.

Upvote 0
front facing camera...

and btw, if you turn out to be "newsradio862"s "new" profile ill hunt you down and kill you, just a fare warning.. if not welcome friend :)

If that was directed at me, then no. I've been on various WM, Palm, WebOS, and Android forums for a while. Pretty sure I had a login here around the G1 launch but I forget it so I made this one back in January. I only buy a phone every year or two but smart phones have been an interest of mine ever since I bought my first Treo so even if I don't have a particular phone I tend to follow the developments.

Went from PalmOS to two WM phones to a Pre and now I will probably go to a Supersonic this summer. Maybe next summer I will try WM7 :)

Upvote 0
neodorian, I can assure you that Covert_Death's threats were not directed toward you.

Some of you may of heard of Newsradio, some may not have, but the was a British guy that hung out in the old Bravo forums. He always talked like he had inside information and he made a lot of promises he couldn't keep. Eventually, other members in the thread started pressuring him and that all led to a lot of fighting that eventually got the thread closed. It was terrible.

I can tell that Covert is excited about the recent developments concerning the Supersonic, but different people react differently than others. I personally don't want to see threats made against other forum members, so I'm going to ask all of you to keep it civil, otherwise it downs the whole mood of the thread. An official announcement of the Supersonic is getting close, so lets work together to build on the excitement and not down it.

Thank you to all that have posted in this thread and are here because you're sincerely interested in the latest news on the Supersonic.

Bill

Upvote 0
Clever.
Ouhei,

At the top of this thread, I posted the "rumored specs" and made a couple of changes based on new information. If you're inclined and would like to offer input of any kind, please feel free.

Thanks,

Bill
I'll take a look at it again by the end of the day!
Autofocus & Digital Zoom
I thought this was already released?
front facing camera...
You guys are clever. ;)

Also, please keep this in this forum only, I don't want to see stories about this stuff break out in the next few days citing some guy in these forums (not that any major news site would publish anything based on a dude with 9 posts, haha).

Reactions: neodorian
Upvote 0
8 MP camera and possible front facing camera? Sweet....it's funny the other day I was thinking 5 MP would be a bit underwhelming on a 4G phone...plus the Incredible is supposedly going to have a 8 MP camera so I thought it was weird why HTC's halo device wouldn't have one as well.

I'm counting down the days when we get more info, my current contract with T-Mobile is up in April. I'll admit the whole Windows Phone 7 Series distracted me a little but I'm back to the SS.

Upvote 0
I'd also like to just note that this is from a document I saw a month or so ago, so if they change any of the final specs don't kill me!

Don't worry. I'm pretty certain we'll have some official information within the next few days anyway. In the meantime, I really appreciate your input.

In the specs that I posted yesterday at the top of this thread, does anything stand out as blatantly wrong?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones