• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad News, the Triumph may be a rebadged low quality Huawei

This is true to an extent, but again, would you buy the first chinese car? I'm going to say no.

Foreign vis a vis America is a whole nother ball of wax. In many cases extremely restrictive environmental regulations now keep Americans from competing. A company can go to China where these regulations dont exist (for example, billions in smokestack anti pollution equipment) and make all those things you speak of, much much cheaper. Any factory making anything out of metal, yeah good luck with that in America today...what with CO2 caps. So there's lots of reasons things may be sourced from China, (oh and not to mention, wages are a bit cheaper over there :) and certainly they're "good enough" at making lots of things, like DVD players. But they havent advanced to the point where they can make extremely complex things like fighter jets.

Also, the "Harley made in India" thing doesn't matter, because it's not a "Harley made in China"...

Anyways it does look like people in this thread are experiencing quality issues: http://androidforums.com/motorola-triumph/374744-some-people-already-have-2.html Several have already returned units. Hopefully with time the issues get sorted.

Depends on the car. I have bought bad American cars before and if the folks in China can make a good, solid car, why not? I am seriously considering a Russian or Chinese military bike.

What is the difference between a China made HD and an Indian one? Both must pass HD muster or it would be a no go. What would hurt sales for many is the idea that HD is no longer a 100% American Motorcycle. But that is not new; HD sold lots of things that were not even 1% American. They had some success with Italian bikes for some time. This was the Aermacchi days of long since gone.

By the way, there once was a bike called an Indian, made in the United States. Today, we have a remake of the classic Indian made with foreign parts. Very confusing.

Upvote 0
Geez! Right in the comments here! Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - User opinions and reviews

It's a Foxconn ODM phone that's been re-badged for a crapload of providers all likely with various changes, plus the kernel logs are loaded with FIH (Foxconn International Holdings) labels and the device is always identified by USB driver as a Foxconn / Hon Hai Precision Industries device!

The problem here with variants is how much scope Foxconn allowed for component/etc. changes between the mfg runs it did for all of the various customers, as clearly the other variants are lacking gorilla glass for one thing...

Cheap: probably not as Foxconn mfgs a bunch of different things for Apple, but there do seem to be a higher than expected number of defective units in this first batch of the MT, surprisingly so.

Upvote 0
As you can see in this thread as well. http://androidforums.com/motorola-triumph/355638-moto-triumph-thailand.html

Supposedly according to a thread I was reading on a VM forum:

Triumph looks exactly like Huawei (X6?)
Motorola doesnt make any 4.1" phones
Motorola doesnt make any qualcom CPU phones (perhaps some old ones but nothing up to date)
Specs match perfectly.

A lot of people say well that Huawei is a GSM so it can possibly be Triumph, but it doesn't take a genius to know changing the radio in a phone model is a common occurrence and easily done.

Also from what I read that Huawei has a reputation for poor quality, slow and laggy, etc. I've also noticed in some Triumph videos it seems laggy, and I think at least one preview mentioned it too.

Bottom line I think it's pretty certain this is a rebadged Huawei. All is not lost, perhaps Motorola will insist on enough quality control that it's still a decent phone, but I'm definitely waiting on many reviews/user opinions before jumping in now.

Also I heard a rumor on that same board that a "real" Motorola phone will be coming to VM eventually, perhaps in Q1 2012. So if this is junk, likely better phones will come eventually.

Dude I had a moto droid and I got to say that phone is 100% motorola

Upvote 0
:D

Foxconn code device FB400 with many brand name:

CSL Blueberry Mi 410

Motorola TRIUMPH

Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6

Cherry Mobile Magnum HD A400

Viewsonic Viewpad 4

Olive Smart VS300

WellcoM A99

Spice CSL Mi 410 - Slim

Axioo Vigo 410

view image http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2179/klonmia.png

:D
The Triumph's rear camera isn't no where near where the cameras are on those other phones.Out of all those phones the Triumph is the only one with the camera in a different spot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones