• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] CM9 for Warp Development thread

hey guys i am creating a repo with all the files together as one working source

it is in my bitbucket, the reason is bitbucket is unlimited for students and bitbucket is not

https://themonkeymixer@bitbucket.org/themonkeymixer/zte-warp-cm9.git

anyone who wants to contribute please pm me and ill add you to the repo

it also has a wiki and bug tracker so we can id the problems

i will try and have all the files in there for a working build by this evening

Reactions: themaninblk
Upvote 0
with the phone bootlooping it's the camera files, comment out the camera specific stuff in device_arthur.mk...(pretty well labeled...) then go into boardconfig.mk and look for the camera related stuff there, uncomment USE_CAMERA_STUB:=true and comment out the rest. Im still trying to figure out what is working and what is not....:( just havent had time to work on cm7 lately, been busy with work stuff and problems at home. my boss has me on a 6 day/12 hr a day schedule, and with that stupid schedule, i have been havin issues with the missus and my child. Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but bills and family first ya know.

Upvote 0
with the phone bootlooping it's the camera files, comment out the camera specific stuff in device_arthur.mk...(pretty well labeled...) then go into boardconfig.mk and look for the camera related stuff there, uncomment USE_CAMERA_STUB:=true and comment out the rest. Im still trying to figure out what is working and what is not....:( just havent had time to work on cm7 lately, been busy with work stuff and problems at home. my boss has me on a 6 day/12 hr a day schedule, and with that stupid schedule, i have been havin issues with the missus and my child. Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but bills and family first ya know.

Same here, I haven't looked at it since my last post, and honestly I was too tired to be working on it anyways lol

Upvote 0
so to those that i first invited to the repo i had to delete it, I was having massive errors with git add -A , basically the computer would consume all ava ram then eat the swap space and kill itself. I had just copied all the files to a directory to ensure a backup. well it turns out the memory timings were to high and causing it to crash (i think) git add would fail and git commit would say
fatal: 'git status --porcelain' failed in submodule vendor/cm
each time it would fail for a different directory

fun

now i fixed the timings and just ran

git init
git add -A
git remote add origin ssh://git@bitbucket.org/themonkeymixer/zte-warp-cm9.git
git push -u origin master # to push changes for the first time

it is going and going and going and going.... hopefully it will be done soon :)

k the push finished someone can verify and i will to

please note this is just a

repo sync
vendor get/prebuilts
and copying hrorak's initial files
i felt it was best to have quet or someone else who hase the latest updates do a quick push with there current changes

ok i just git cloed and verified the contents it is all good so you should be able to clone

git clone https://themonkeymixer@bitbucket.org/themonkeymixer/zte-warp-cm9.git

and when someone adds more to it you can just fetch the latest woot!

travis

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones