• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser works, all other apps need wifi

Seems like the only app that works on my Android Sanyo Zio from Cricket on the mobile network is the browser. Youtube, email, facebook, etc. only work when I have wifi. What is the deal?

Welcome to the forums.

That used to be a common complaint with RIM (Blackberry) based devices. I'm surprised to see it here.

I'd try a reboot (power down then back up).

If no joy, a factory data reset, after backing up apps, etc.

Upvote 0
Regarding the email issue, I have had this issue with my email only. What email service do you use? If you use an email service from a cable provider (I use Shaw in Canada), the wireless carrier may block the SMTP server when you are not on WiFi. Also, the cable provider may have a different POP server when not using WiFi. I encountered this issue with email. This email issue should not happen if you use a clould-based email system like Gmail or Hotmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones