• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Connection problems

micool11

Jun 5, 2010
Ok I've searched the forum but have need seen a thread with the problem I have so hope someone can help. I have a desire with stock a rom I installed 2.2 froyo on because it was an Orange branded handset and I wanted all the Orange crap taken off.

My problem is if I'm in my house I can connect wirelessly and everything is fine, but when I leave my house my phone doesn't switch to my mobile internet. I either have to turn off the wireless and mobile network and restart the mobile network for it to work. Sometimes I have to switch off the phone completely to get the mobile internet to connect and when it does sometimes its really fast and other times I could be waiting for 5 minutes for a page to load.

I have no idea how to sort this problem, the only thing i can think of might be the radio in the phone might be the wrong version. My Baseband Version is:

32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

Is this the correct one to use with Orange and if not how and where do I upgrade this.

Any help would be appreciated.

I installed 2.2 froyo on because it was an Orange branded handset and I wanted all the Orange crap taken off.
My problem is if I'm in my house I can connect wirelessly and everything is fine, but when I leave my house my phone doesn't switch to my mobile internet. I either have to turn off the wireless and mobile network and restart the mobile network for it to work.
Do a factory reset which wipes the phone memory and erases everything, then follow the setup again and enter the APN settings for your carrier, and see how it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones