• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contest: Design your own Moto X! [Post your entries here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phases

NO LONGER ADMIN
Sep 9, 2008
Nashville, TN
It's that time again - Phandroid is holding another contest. Pretty sweet - design your own Moto X and if we pick it, we'll build it for you using the upcoming Moto Maker, and ship it your way!

So head over to the original post and read up on the details and rules, and if it interests you - we'll see you back here shortly ;)

Good luck all!

Front: Black
Back: Black
Accents: Metallic Red
Reminds me of my old-school Halo days - loved the jet black suit with red accents. Sleek, refined and bad@ss.

Signature: "Nexus" (a guy can pretend, right?)
Storage: 32GB (duh)
Greeting: none
Wallpaper: none (I'll apply the new Nexus 7 wallpaper first thing)
Google Sync: I'll do it myself

Awesome contest, great phone, keep it up guys!

Reactions: thforrtnor
Upvote 0
My perfect Moto X would be unique from the usual all black and white/silver phones.

The back cover would be a cyan color with a black camera ring. The buttons and frame would be all black, while the front screen/face will be cyan.

Material-wise, I would choose either metal or ceramic when the options are made available for a higher quality feeling and durability.

This turns out to be a very nice and unique looking color combination.

Upvote 0
My favorite phone combination would be:

Front: White
Back: Yellow (8th from the right in the picture)
Accent: Red

Honestly there are alot of really good combinations and I can see it taking a long time to choose one. When it comes to the Moto X I think the point is to have colors that no one else has so that the phone stands out in a crowd, even though the stock colors are cool...the customization is a huge feature of this phone and might as well get something different. Most likely the next phone I will get won't get these kind of options. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone :D

moto_x_colors-630x354.jpg

Upvote 0
Make It a Dessert!
Black Front
Black back or a brownish color, but black would match the rest
White trim
Black accents (Besides buttons if possible)
Engraving: "Mmmmm....!"
Boot Message: "Im Melting!"
Oh, and if you wan't to go all out and get me headphones; make them white please! It'll be like the Ice Cream Melting when I set the phone down. :) And a white charger too.
Wall Paper: A random picture of an icecream sandwich with the top piece taken off (Just ice cream) So when it's locked it looks like a full Ice Cream Sanwich, then unlocking it is like pulling off the top!
Now you have an Ice CreamSandwitch phone! ....If only the Moto X came out when ICS did, this would be great! So I guess it would be an Ice Cream Sandwhich with Jellybeans(Software) in the ice cream(Phone Design)!

Upvote 0
Black Front
Black back
White trim
Black accents (Besides buttons if possible)
Now you have an Ice CreamSandwitch phone! ....If only the Moto X came out when ICS did, this would be great! So I guess it would be an Ice Cream Sandwhich with Jellybeans(Software) in the ice cream(Phone Design)!
Even if I don't win, I'll try to make a mock-up ASAP! :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones