• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM-based touch recovery

I finished the Avid 4G last night and she went up for sale. I will try TWRP on the next one if i can find it. That and gamer rom if i can find it as well. All the links to anything dealing with it are down or do not contain a download link. Again one can figure this would be the case after so many years. Always is like that in this hobby. Wish there was a place like android file host that stayed solid. Dont get me wrong i like AFH but the majority of downloads i have done there ended up in bad CRC. Nothing on my end.

Back to the Avid. Appears it wasn't that bad of a phone for it's time. I mean its a ZTE but people went out of their way to make it even better. You dont see a lot of that going on these days. Our team is working on lower end to mid range LG's to give those out there a little more bang for their buck since no one else is. We have the Optimus Zone3, K4, and others rooted and we are working on the K3 at the moment. I got ahold of a lil LG Lucky just an hour ago so we might play with it some and see what we cant do.

Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch brichster. Much appreciated. Are you sure these are for the Avid 4G N9120? I don't think they are. Appears they are for the N800 model.

EDIT: Is the N800 the Virgin Mobile variant of this phone? Specs are almost exact. Same chipset ram etc.. only they show 512mb for the Avid 4G when ZTE's website shows 1GB for it (and i mean the old 2012 edition not the new one).
Oops, I've almost messed you up! I'm so sorry. The N800 is the ZTE Awe. Big apologies, plz do not flash this stuff

Reactions: noidodroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones