Developer Team Optimus M Discussion

1. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer

"uses a froyo kernel" why are you heckling me haha
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Lol, I'm telling you what we currently have....you should contact BobZhome (on AC) and tripdoc79 (on AF) and drewwalton (on AC). They know the most about these phones and building. There are other people too.
    KJohns likes this.
  3. KJohns

for sure my dude, but where do up and comers come from without a begining? im telling u a 3.0 base kernel isnt necessary for an ics port
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Ok, oh also tdm (on AC or AF).
    He's the one trying to get us all a 3.0 kernel for the Optimus V.
    KJohns likes this.
  5. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

Cm9 will work with gingerbread kernel. If we can get a official 2.6.35 kernel cm9 will most likely work.
  6. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

you have lost my faith sir.

the kernel and the ANDROID OS work together. when referring to a 3.0 kernel, it is implied Linux(kernel) 3.+/Android(ICS)4.+

[​IMG]
    sammyz likes this.
  7. KJohns

Why lost faith? Thought he was referring to a honeycomb port to the dev
  8. KJohns

seems like a logical place to start. did arjen ever release his?
  9. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

Im glad everyone is coming together on one thread instead of going there own ways, im very positive that if all of you get together and work as a team everyone could make it happen.
  10. KJohns

since my ole lady is on the mac machine im having to download git for windows. @.@
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Why arent you using Ubuntu? o_O
  12. KJohns

My gf is on the other computer(she works from home and is on a conference call), almost finished with setup now. Figured i can get what I need downloaded at least until she is finished.

(its a mac desktop with mutiple OS hard drives. Typically what id be using.)
  13. KJohns

14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I don't think thats our kernel...
  15. KJohns

i was told that the msm project would be a good starting point for qualcomm kernels. (The Optimus m runs on a 600 MHz Qualcomm MSM7627 - ARM11 processor) Was i given "disinfo" ?

As a side note, (operating on the assumption i got the incorrect one) can someone point me the direction of the correct kernel source?

[edit because i cant spell lmao]
  16. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

I'm goin to send it to kjohn this week. I may also have a second one I can send to drew but ill have to wait and make sure.
    KJohns likes this.
  17. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Also there is one on Cl that is stuck at the LG logo for ten bucks. I may pick that up this week if I have time. I really wanna give back to the developers.
    KJohns likes this.
  18. KJohns

Im certain with everyone working on it, there will be progress made. Im pretty stoked actually.
  19. KJohns

Cracks me up when I see stuff like that for sale on craigslist.. LOL people give up so easily when they think their phone is toast.
  20. KJohns

still waiting on confirmation as to whether or not the kernel source i got is the correct one..
  21. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

Thats very true.... it takes alot for me to give up and i still have to be certain theres nothing else.
  22. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

We are a 600MHz ARMv6 processor.....go look at BobZhomes github for kernel source. I told you to talk to him and some others. ;)
  24. KJohns

Correct me if im wrong but from my understanding its an arm11(36j(f)-s) cpu with ARMv6 instruction set.