• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drag Racing

I don't know about that first part... In the Level 1 Pro competition, My rank is around 4600. Winning first place nets me a whoppin' 9xp, while second place is -17xp. It's not impossible to get up to 5000, it just takes a LONG time and a little bit of luck in who you are racing against... When I see that someone is slightly faster, I stop playing and get back on when other "slower" people are playing. I'm sure when you get up to the around 4800xp, the points probably go down to 1xp per race. Yes it's hard, but not impossible. Just have patience and keep at it :)

Close, I'm at 4824 and it's 4 rank for each first. Not sure what the deduction is for second, I spend alot of time tuning so I don't see second often.

Edit: Just accidentally bumped the nitro early and got a third. -46 rank.

Upvote 0
^ Yeah... I don't know if I have the patience to go all the way to 5000. 4xp for a 1st place win? sheesh... that's at least another 300 more races then from 4800xp , if you figure it's going to drop from 4xp eventually to 1xp... and that's just if you win them all. If you lose 1, you've got to race another 10-15 times to make up for it... Best of luck to you! :)

Upvote 0
Ok I am new to this whole forum thing but I had to join to get some decent advice. I curently drive a maxed out level 9 agera r minus the tune option! I can't make it to level 10 with it so an gonna sell up...what is the best car to tune for level 10. The ssc ultimate seems to dominate level 9 but is it better than the veyron sport sport or hennessy in level 10?

Also I have just skipped through the levels in pro league to reach level 10 apart from level 4 where I have a maxed M3...but I'm always like 0.5 off the top times in both quarter and half mile races. Does anyone know the key tuning options so I'm not stuck around the 3000 point mark and so I push for the 5000.

Any help is appreciated

Smithy-look out for me!

Upvote 0
Ok I am new to this whole forum thing but I had to join to get some decent advice. I curently drive a maxed out level 9 agera r minus the tune option! I can't make it to level 10 with it so an gonna sell up...what is the best car to tune for level 10. The ssc ultimate seems to dominate level 9 but is it better than the veyron sport sport or hennessy in level 10?

Also I have just skipped through the levels in pro league to reach level 10 apart from level 4 where I have a maxed M3...but I'm always like 0.5 off the top times in both quarter and half mile races. Does anyone know the key tuning options so I'm not stuck around the 3000 point mark and so I push for the 5000.

Any help is appreciated

Smithy-look out for me!

You really need to do the tuning to get the most out of the car. The stock tuning is probably optimal for a stock car but once you add all the upgrades, it is very far from it. Before you invest too much time and money into upgrading and tuning your car, I would run the pro league and see which cars are dominating. Some cars are just faster than others and that is where you will have success as well.

As others have mentioned, when tuning you need to pay attention to your 0-60, 0-100, 1/4, and 1/2 mile times. Don't look too much at top speed since that is more a measure of horsepower than it is launch and shifting technique. Speaking of launch technique, it seems that starting off in 2nd gears seems to work well for a lot of people. What I do is put my big thumb on both the gas pedel and the shift lever, as soon as the flag drops, I'm immediately in 2nd gear that way.

When tuning, I have had success with adjusting 6th (or 7th) gear so that I'm just short of the rev limiter when I hit the finish line. Place 3rd and higher gears closer together so that you can keep your eninge in it's sweet spot as much as possible. While tuning your gear ratio for 2nd, play particular attention to the 0-60 time and find a spot that gives you the lowest times. You wouldn't think 1st gear would make a difference since you are immediately shifting into 2nd but it does. It seems to me that the gear ratio for 1st will impact how much wheel spin you get when you immediately shift into 2nd.

In order to get a car that will be competitive, you'll really need to spend a lot of time tuning. It's unfortunate that the Creative Labs did such a horrible job on the interface for the tuning. I'm constantly bumping a gear to far and then messing up the others and having to force the application down so that it doesn't save what I did. I would love a save option and way to log my races with each set of tuning parameters.

Upvote 0
I absolutely love this game as well.

My favorite car is my Level 6 (notice I said level 6) 599 Ferrari. I just made it to 5000 points in level 6 the other day, but not sure how to move up to number 1 overall so I am still racing the car in the Pro League hoping that overall wins or something will move me up (stuck at 7th place with the same scores as the guys above me).

Best time in the 1/4 mile is 8.900 (dang 8.899 is ellusive) and average about a 8.902
Best time in the 1/2 mile is 13.072 and average about a 13.077

If someone has done better I would love to know especially if someone has hit an 8.899 with a level 6 Ferrari. I have run a bunch of 8.900s so its like the car is maxed out and just cant be made to go faster haha. Admitedly, I cant compete with the fastest Lambos in the 1/4, but it is fun to try.

I have been tempted to level the car up, but it is so much fun to drive and so dominant in the 1/2 mile I dont want to mess with it.

Someone posted above as to if someone has ever made the leaderboard...well my name is there for now unless I lose a race (I am still racing alot in the Pro League even though I have 5000 points so I will probably eventually get beat or make a mistake and drop down) so if you see my screen name Phixation there I guess that online is for real because it's here on my phone. Also, from 4950 points to 5000 points you only gain one point per win so it becomes a little nerve racking from there on.

I just started messing with a Level 1 S2000 the other day and am having a blast modifying it now. This game is just to much fun!!!

Edit:...after writing this post I decided to tweek my settings a little more, and FINALLY got my 8.899 in the 1/4 mile. Guess it was possible after all.

Edit Again:...more tuning and now two new bests
1/2 Mile: 13.056
1/4 Mile: 8.890 ...I hope to hit an 8.889 soon

Upvote 0
Ok one question to the geeks here.. I am planning to flash my Hero to another stock ROM but i really dont wanna do it if i cant save this game data and start from the same position again...
I currently own a maxed out fully tuned ferrari 599, level 9 venom and a lvl 1 volkswagen golf GT1..
I don wanna loose all these.. Please tell me if there is anyway i can save the data and position...

Upvote 0
Phixation,

I'm not seeing your name on the Level 6 leaderboard. Did you lose a race?

Hey Cincy Dad,

Nope havent lost yet... im still showing in seventh place on my phone with 5000 points. The server was really laggy and buggy last night so I didnt play Pro League. Right now on my phone the Level 6 order goes...

1) ADIYOS 5000
2) t5frankie 5000
3) Allen_ 5000
4) Odeezy 5000
5) Alex925 5000
6) Elimin8u 5000
7) Phixation 5000
8) wozeyky 4999

Does your phone show the same people?? Maybe the online thing is fake and it only keeps fake stats on our own phones. Kinda a bummer if that is the case.

I'll just not race the car for the next few days in Pro League so my name stays up on the board, and see if someone else views this post and can see my name there. If no one sees my name then I have no idea how they keep track of points in the Pro League, and the leaderboard might be bogus.

Either way its still a really awesome and addicting game.

Upvote 0
Ok one question to the geeks here.. I am planning to flash my Hero to another stock ROM but i really dont wanna do it if i cant save this game data and start from the same position again...
I currently own a maxed out fully tuned ferrari 599, level 9 venom and a lvl 1 volkswagen golf GT1..
I don wanna loose all these.. Please tell me if there is anyway i can save the data and position...

Yes....write the data all down.

I know that it is a pain, but it only take a few seconds per car to write down your gearing and upgrade data. I learned the hard way once before we had the save feature (played with the car settings so much I couldnt remember how to get it back to where it was before timewise), and still even now write all my settings down for safety once I get a new best time.

Position-wise your probably screwed and going to lose your progress, since I see alot of people complain that once they take the game off their phone and reinstall they are losing all their points progress. It's beginning to look like the server does NOT save our stats online.

Upvote 0
Hey Cincy Dad,

Nope havent lost yet... im still showing in seventh place on my phone with 5000 points. The server was really laggy and buggy last night so I didnt play Pro League. Right now on my phone the Level 6 order goes...

1) ADIYOS 5000
2) t5frankie 5000
3) Allen_ 5000
4) Odeezy 5000
5) Alex925 5000
6) Elimin8u 5000
7) Phixation 5000
8) wozeyky 4999

Does your phone show the same people?? Maybe the online thing is fake and it only keeps fake stats on our own phones. Kinda a bummer if that is the case.

I'll just not race the car for the next few days in Pro League so my name stays up on the board, and see if someone else views this post and can see my name there. If no one sees my name then I have no idea how they keep track of points in the Pro League, and the leaderboard might be bogus.

Either way its still a really awesome and addicting game.

Phixation,

I am currently seeing you on my phone at spot #5. I swear you were not there earlier this morning. Maybe the leaderboard is buggy. As stated in an earlier post, I once raced someone with enough points to be on the leaderboard, but their name wasn't there.

I'm hoping DragRacer comes back. It would be interesting to hear if he was actually racing a Ferrari 599 on Tuesday @ 5pm Eastern. My guess is that since the Face-to-Face is based on recorded runs, that they are doing the same for Pro-League.

Still trying to get my Ferrari 599 to run faster than a 12.421 on Level 7. I'm tempted to totally trash my existing tune and start again from scratch with a different final drive ratio.

Is there a better launch technique than starting off in 2nd? I can't seem to find one.

Edit: It appears I can shave some time off my 0-60 by launching in 1st.

Upvote 0
Dont get me wrong, the game is a great time killer, but they need to work some realism in to it. 180+ in the 1/4 for a 9 second run is a little ridiculous.

Using a ZR1 with 925hp + nitrous and changin the gearing to run a 3 or 2 speed in the 1/4 just kills performance when it should be the other way and make the car scream as it hangs at whatever rpm u launch at ie sits at max power and should be really movin. Also going the other way drops performance as well, ie changing final drive to cross the line at optimal rpm in 6th. Same for the Viper, WRX, ETC, not wure how they are getting the game to calculate performance, but I think they need to take a step back and look at making it more realistic before launching it online and letting it turn in to what Nitto 1320 has....

Upvote 0
Yes....write the data all down.

I know that it is a pain, but it only take a few seconds per car to write down your gearing and upgrade data. I learned the hard way once before we had the save feature (played with the car settings so much I couldnt remember how to get it back to where it was before timewise), and still even now write all my settings down for safety once I get a new best time.

Position-wise your probably screwed and going to lose your progress, since I see alot of people complain that once they take the game off their phone and reinstall they are losing all their points progress. It's beginning to look like the server does NOT save our stats online.

write down? wat u mean by that? u mean to sya the tunning ratios and other stuffs??

So this means i should earn all the money and the buy cars again?

Upvote 0
If you're going for half mile domination then the Venom GT is easiest to win with. Once you have the tuning package the Aero TT becomes EXTREMELY competitive with the Venom. I had someone run a 10.957 with an Aero TT on me in the half mile yesterday, and as it is my own Aero TT runs 11.06X. I have seen someone run a 10.947 with the Venom though.

In the quarter mile, the Venom GT is extremely competitive too. I have a feeling though that if you tune it right, the Bugatti SS would be unstoppable - with it's ridiculous amount of grip.

Upvote 0
write down? wat u mean by that? u mean to sya the tunning ratios and other stuffs??

So this means i should earn all the money and the buy cars again?

Ya, I write it down similar to how UniR did in a post above ours like this...

Supra

Engine **
Turbo *****
Intake ***
NOX *****
Weight ***
Tires **

Tuning
5 secs @ 60%
F 3.28:1
1 2.8
2 1.8
3 1.37
4 1.2
5 1.13
6 1.0

It only takes about a minute to do per car.

As far as your money, cars, and stats go I suspect your going to lose them if you uninstall and then later reinstall the game.

Upvote 0
Phixation,

Is there a better launch technique than starting off in 2nd? I can't seem to find one.

Edit: It appears I can shave some time off my 0-60 by launching in 1st.

Hey Cincy Dad,

I start out in second as well with the faster cars, but you have intrigued me with the starting out in 1st idea. I might have to play with that idea for a while and see if I can get it to work for me.

Upvote 0
I have a fully upgraded BMW M3 E92, and just cannot figure out a tune for it. Im running 14.63s usually and I see people 14.55s with it. Can anyone help me out on the tuning, or maybe shifting. Right now I shift right to second, nos entering 3rd. Works good and I finish top 3 usually in the pro league, but I really want to get to the 14.5s.

Upvote 0
Hi
Been reading the posts and no one seems to mention the traction control. It flashes up on the dash when you are putting too much power through the tyres. I'm surprised that people are saying use the nitro early because in practically every one of the top cars if you use it in any of the 1st 4 gears the traction control kicks in and it's wasted.
Had this game for ages now but frustrated as when I started there was half the cars available now, no pro league and no tune option. I managed to get the Agera R up to full mods and it was amazing I earnt enough money to buy the Ultimate Aero but had to sell the Agera to pay for mods, later that day the 'Tune' option became available on upgrade. Gutted. I could have tuned the shit out of that Agera. Now I'm getting whipped on level 9 in my aero TT haven't got enough money/respect for mods and if I enter the pro league it's like starting all over.............

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones