• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 2 extended battery works on the Droid 1

I was under the impression that you can use the holster if you turn the phone battery out, am I correct?

The Red Sticker on the holster states "Place Phone In Holster With Display Facing Inward, Towards Holster.

There is absolutely no fitment issue with the stock Droid 1 holster and this battery. There is also no problem with the Droid 1 leather pouch, the one that has Velcro to hold the phone in and attached to your belt.

Reactions: skunkpbguy
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if this will prevent use of the home and car docks? I would LOVE to have the extended battery as signal in my office is almost nothing, I currently leave the phone docked on my desk charging when I'm sitting there so I have power when I need it...

The stock Verizon docks don't accept a cover. My Seidio Innocase fits in the Seidio docks. Another post noted that the Innocase will fit over the bigger battery.

Upvote 0
Hopefully you can see the problem.

Attachments

• DSCN0679.JPG
    DSCN0679.JPG
    903 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN0672.JPG
    DSCN0672.JPG
    869.8 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN0671.JPG
    DSCN0671.JPG
    897.9 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN0670.JPG
    DSCN0670.JPG
    923.5 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Ok, so I ttok the plunge and bought the D2 extended battery. It fit just fine. It also works great, and I think my battery left is providing an accurate reading. The blue door is pretty bad, but not bad enough to prevent me from using it. Now, here is the surprising thing. My Verizon case fits perfectly with the battery in and the door on. This is the case that fits into the holster. I did not have to "force" it at all. All in all, glad I bought it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the pics djembeman. I guess I'll pass on this battery and will continue with keeping the phone on charge while at my desk...

I just ordered the Multimedia Dock XT: It is for the Droid 2 on the Verizon website and says it fits with the Extended Battery.

I have finally seen an improvement on battery life with the extended battery as well. I have had it unplugged for 14 hours now and have 30% battery left. My best was 11-12 with the stock battery.

I read a tip somewhere to Restart your phone after you take it off of the charger and I did that this morning and that seemed to do the trick, or the battery just had enough charge and discharge cycles.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I ttok the plunge and bought the D2 extended battery. It fit just fine. It also works great, and I think my battery left is providing an accurate reading. The blue door is pretty bad, but not bad enough to prevent me from using it. Now, here is the surprising thing. My Verizon case fits perfectly with the battery in and the door on. This is the case that fits into the holster. I did not have to "force" it at all. All in all, glad I bought it.

You mean the Case / Shel holster combination that has the holster where you turn the DROID facing inward?

I have a pair of those - I use the new front piece and new holster but the old back piece as it comes off much much easier, so I can use the car dock and MM dock with ease.

This is good news indeed - now to find this battery for cheaper lol...

I just ordered the Multimedia Dock XT: It is for the Droid 2 on the Verizon website and says it fits with the Extended Battery.

I have finally seen an improvement on battery life with the extended battery as well. I have had it unplugged for 14 hours now and have 30% battery left. My best was 11-12 with the stock battery.

I read a tip somewhere to Restart your phone after you take it off of the charger and I did that this morning and that seemed to do the trick, or the battery just had enough charge and discharge cycles.

not sure about the tip, but the extended battery life is a pretty good thing - especially since I already have a P323 Motorola BP-series battery charger....

So this come with a blue battery door cover? It doesn't match the Droid 1 color?

Thanks

No, since it is made for the D2, it comes in D2 colors - yes, it is odd making a D1 door that is colored for the D2, but hey, it's a longer lasting battery, and no one is gonna see the back....

Upvote 0
Finally got my cam back, so here are some very quick and dirty pics. Got a bit lazy, so it's all thumbnailed here instead:

Motorola 1820mAh BP7X extended battery for the Droid

As you can see, the Innocase will fit as long as you leave the new ext batt cover off.

Do you got any problems with the battery comming lose or anything like that with the case on? How far does it actually stick out? maybee sanding the inside of the back case would help it fit with the door on.

Upvote 0
You mean the Case / Shel holster combination that has the holster where you turn the DROID facing inward?

I have a pair of those - I use the new front piece and new holster but the old back piece as it comes off much much easier, so I can use the car dock and MM dock with ease.

This is good news indeed - now to find this battery for cheaper lol...

Correct. The shell holster combination works just fine, at least for me. My battery was at 60% yesterday when I normally would have been at 15%.

not sure about the tip, but the extended battery life is a pretty good thing - especially since I already have a P323 Motorola BP-series battery charger....

No, since it is made for the D2, it comes in D2 colors - yes, it is odd making a D1 door that is colored for the D2, but hey, it's a longer lasting battery, and no one is gonna see the back....

With the case on, you can't see the door:p

Upvote 0
Do you got any problems with the battery comming lose or anything like that with the case on? How far does it actually stick out? maybee sanding the inside of the back case would help it fit with the door on.

It's actually quite snug and feels a bit more solid when holding it now. There really is no reason to keep the door on if you have an Innocase or something similar.

Upvote 0
Just got one of the batteries. It does fit into my car doc, but jut barely. You really have to push it in. I have not tried the home doc ( I don't use one much anyway) It gives the phone a nice lip to hold onto when you are making calls. I will have to charge it up full and run it through a couple of times to see how much extra life I get out of it. I don't use a case so I have no report there. I checked it on a crude postal scale and I would say it probably adds about 1/4 ounce to the weight but that is just a rough guess.

Upvote 0
Just got one of the batteries. It does fit into my car doc, but jut barely. You really have to push it in. I have not tried the home doc ( I don't use one much anyway) It gives the phone a nice lip to hold onto when you are making calls. I will have to charge it up full and run it through a couple of times to see how much extra life I get out of it. I don't use a case so I have no report there. I checked it on a crude postal scale and I would say it probably adds about 1/4 ounce to the weight but that is just a rough guess.

I would definitely modify your Car Dock. That's putting a crazy amount of pressure on your phone. You could also purchase the Droid 2 Car Dock.

Upvote 0
Id buy this, but I dont think I really need it. My Droid gets 1d and 14hrs if I let it go.

You guys only get 11-12 hrs?? Ive always thought I was a heavy user! Maybe its my root/kernel/rom combo. Either that or im not as heavy a user as I think!

Just incase though; so the Droid 2 accessory car dock fits. Any confirmation on the Droid 2 media desk dock? Tbh, Id like the extra bulk in the back. It would feel nice in the hand. Specially during phone calls etc.

Upvote 0
1d 14hrs? that's insane.

I finally hit 20+ hrs on this ext battery with moderate use, not bad at all.

I have 1 exchange, 3 imaps, and 1 gmail, all bg syncing. Along with Twitter/FB going as well. Bt and wifi were used through out the day.

SS4.7, Slayher 1.25Ghz LV

Upvote 0
Is there still the 5% battery levels and low notifications for battery life even though there are a few hours left in the battery like the seidio one?

I wondered the same thing, but given others' postings, I decided to take the plunge. I had previously used a Seidio extended battery, and experienced the same trouble as everyone else, where it was falsely indicated that it was low, indicating for HOURS that it was down to 5% battery life left without actually shutting down. Quite frustrating when various apps think the Droid is about to die, but won't for a long time, but I digress... I purchased the battery last night and charged it until it was full. I charged it again at work, and wanted to run it down today to give it another good charge this evening. I'm glad to saw that when it indicated it was about to give out, it promptly did so shortly thereafter, so I know that at least with this battery, I can trust the little red blinking light.

Oh, and Seidio has great customer service. That battery wasn't the first that I'd bought from them, and I fully intend to go back to them in the future; they're just not able to fix what Motorola did to the firmware on our phones regarding battery readings.

Upvote 0
I've been using the extended battery for about 2 weeks now, and it rocks for the D1. The multimedia dock works as long as you line it up correctly.. and the D2 car dock works so much better than that D1 dock or a third party dock. This is without a case or anything like that.

Even if you don't get the extended battery, I still recommend the D2 car dock, unless of course you use a case. naked or skinned phone, the D2 car dock is amazing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones