• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DROID 2 is full of SUCK!

The default music player hangs incessantly.

The Gmail app, used with default browser, will not download a simple mobile loading pass. Dolphin browser does work, but is it really so hard for the stuff that COMES WITH THE phone to do simple crap?

Why do I spend so much time on Market just trying to get the phone to do what it is supposed to, right out of the box?

The Market app *frequently* fails to download updates - it just sits there stupidly "Starting Download" - G3, wireless, doesn;t matter. Forced quits will not fix.

A sub-menu of contacts will stay on the screen, blocking all use of what it covers - which is basically everything. Only a powercycle will fix.

THIS THING IS A TREACHEROUS PIECE OF CRAP!!!!

I wish I had a goddamn Iphone - rumor has it they actually work!

The default music player hangs incessantly.

The Gmail app, used with default browser, will not download a simple mobile loading pass. Dolphin browser does work, but is it really so hard for the stuff that COMES WITH THE phone to do simple crap?

Why do I spend so much time on Market just trying to get the phone to do what it is supposed to, right out of the box?

The Market app *frequently* fails to download updates - it just sits there stupidly "Starting Download" - G3, wireless, doesn;t matter. Forced quits will not fix.

A sub-menu of contacts will stay on the screen, blocking all use of what it covers - which is basically everything. Only a powercycle will fix.

THIS THING IS A TREACHEROUS PIECE OF CRAP!!!!

Dude, no need to bash android because of your misfortune. Sometimes software and electronic hardware can become buggy. Nothing that usually a hard reset wont fix, software wise. If you haven't done so already, go into settings >> privacy >> factory reset. This will wipe the phone and reinstall the Android OS back to factory stock. This should fix any resulting issues you have been experiencing.

IF, for whatever reason you are still having issues, then its possible a hardware issue - and may require a replacement handset.

Yes, the iPhone does work, but your limited at almost anything and everything you can do that isn't regulated by apple.

Upvote 0

As someone who came from an iPhone 3gs and dealt with apps crashing, update issues, call issues and crap battery life, you're in fantasy land if you think the grass is perfectly green on the other side. Everything has issues. You learn this when you actually have the other thing you're yearning for

Me a year ago: "if i had a nicer more expensive car, it wouldn't have so many issues"

Me now with new expensive car: "crap...."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones