• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook now has Push!

first post! woo.

alright, here's how things are on my end... Im running an EVO 2.2 not rooted and im getting the push notifications. When i click on the notification it takes me to the notifications page, but when i click on the notification it just refreshes the page over and over again. As of yet, i havent actually been able to VIEW a comment that i got notified about. I have all the same settings as the pictures posted (idr the name of the poster).

It would be nice if the notifications came individually as well instead of it basically saying, "you have notifications go! go check the notifications page." Then it would take you straight to the status or wall post in reference.

Upvote 0
first post! woo.

alright, here's how things are on my end... Im running an EVO 2.2 not rooted and im getting the push notifications. When i click on the notification it takes me to the notifications page, but when i click on the notification it just refreshes the page over and over again. As of yet, i havent actually been able to VIEW a comment that i got notified about. I have all the same settings as the pictures posted (idr the name of the poster).

It would be nice if the notifications came individually as well instead of it basically saying, "you have notifications go! go check the notifications page." Then it would take you straight to the status or wall post in reference.
they do come individually. My guess is you dont actually have push working if it tells you that you have more than 1 at a time

Upvote 0
first post! woo.

Mine are coming individually! The only time mine takes me to the notification page is when they comment on a mafia wars post. Thats the only thing I see not working right now. I have the Droid X and its not rooted. I don't have my app synced to my phone either if that helps. I just have the app from the market. Mine phone is right on target with the online facebook with notifications. I have tested it several times. I know a few friends are having trouble with their Blackberry notifications so its gotta be on facebooks end.

Upvote 0
The update is being discussed here. The whole thing is messed up. Some people were receiving notifications when they first updated and then they stopped. Some, like myself, never received one. Others are getting them and can't turn them off. Facebook needs to get on it quickly. Unfortunately, they're leaving everyone in the dark about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones