• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing HTC Droid Incredible to Cricket...

From what I heard the verizon droid incredible by htc cant be flashed to cricket because its ran by a sims card and cricket dont do sim cards supposingly...Do anybody know if this is true or not...please help me out with this because I am thinking about going back to cricket and wanna know can I use this phone or do I need to get another one and sell this one wtbs Im new to this site and wanna say hi to everyone sooooo....hello everybody :) <3 :) <3 :) <3

Upvote 0
From what I heard the verizon droid incredible by htc cant be flashed to cricket because its ran by a sims card and cricket dont do sim cards supposingly...Do anybody know if this is true or not...please help me out with this because I am thinking about going back to cricket and wanna know can I use this phone or do I need to get another one and sell this one wtbs Im new to this site and wanna say hi to everyone sooooo....hello everybody :) <3 :) <3 :) <3

The original Droid Incredible doesn't use a sim card

Upvote 0
Google cricket .prl put it on your phone and dial *228 or 611 HEllO
You dont need to flash anything or replace your ROM.
They just want your money.
If you can google and read before you start asking questions you might get somewhere.
Dont forget if you live in a tri-band market you can not use the Incredible on cricket.

Can you do a step by step? I googled cricket .prl but I still don't really know what to look for. Thanks:)

Upvote 0
Can you do a step by step? I googled cricket .prl but I still don't really know what to look for. Thanks:)

You must be on a stock sense rom.
Download this prl http://www.4shared.com/file/PH_7Y5Cz/38288.html?cau2=403tNull, and save it to your sdcard.
On the phone dial ##778# hit call.
Select edit mode, enter six zeros (000000) as the password.
Select prl, and then edit prl.
Select the prl file from the list and hit ok. Dont remember if it reboots on its own or not. If it just takes you back to the main prl menu hit the menu button and select commit modifications.

Then you need to call cricket and setup an account and register your phone. Once registered dial *228 and select activate phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones