• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod.

easiest way

with computer

adb push build.prop /sdcard
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system
mv /sdcard/build.prop /system

or terminal emulator

put build.prop on sdcard
open terminal
su

That's with root right? And if so, how can we do this without root? Thanks

Upvote 0
easiest way

with computer

adb push build.prop /sdcard
adb shell
su

or terminal emulator

put build.prop on sdcard
open terminal
su
No workie... :(

Says it failed to copy to the /sdcard because it is a directory...

Upvote 0
Sorry droider, but I don't understand what the update.zip has to do with build.prop. Can you explain?

I've already updated to FroYo but never rooted 2.1. That's why I'm looking for a non root solution (can't root now) for the copy protected app problem. Forgive me if i misunderstood your response.

haha:D wow I have been responding to too many threads...sorry about that
and no you can't do this because you need access to the /system which can only be done if you have superuser access

Upvote 0
Not to be off topic but did anyone read through the code on Build.post. The latest date was 8/10/2010 and the code name=Rel. This has to be very close to the OTA Froyo release

This leak was intentional. Every company does it. They read forums too :) Its like free testing for them. We figure out in a week what they'd figure out in a month. Pretty smart really...

Upvote 0
I tried this but it doesn't seem to download properly. I sent the forum thread link to my phone using Chrome to Phone. It opened the browser on my phone and then I clicked on the clean download link, but when the download starts, it just downloaded a prop.txt file instead of the actual file. Am I doing something wrong?

I opened the link on a PC got to the download screen and then sent it to my phone. Basically I was at the screen where you hit download after it has reached it countdown and was ready.

Upvote 0
Sorry droider, but I don't understand what the update.zip has to do with build.prop. Can you explain?

I've already updated to FroYo but never rooted 2.1. That's why I'm looking for a non root solution (can't root now) for the copy protected app problem. Forgive me if i misunderstood your response.

Just an FYI there is a 1 click root out for 2.2 I saw it today....now If I can just remember where.... Check out XDA or rootwiki

Upvote 0
Weird - I replaced the clean file and rebooted. Now I have no app draw. When I press the app draw button, it comes up with no applications. In other words, the app draw is there with the home button at the bottom, but no applications icons are shown - zero, nada, zilch.....

I guess I will manually edit the file back to stock....

Upvote 0
Weird - I replaced the clean file and rebooted. Now I have no app draw. When I press the app draw button, it comes up with no applications. In other words, the app draw is there with the home button at the bottom, but no applications icons are shown - zero, nada, zilch.....

I guess I will manually edit the file back to stock....

The build.prop has had over 2000 downloads, and this is the first I've heard of this. I would say odds are you didnt do something correctly. Go into /data/dalvik-cache and delete everything, reboot.

Also, go into the Applications, Manage, find the market, clear data/cache, reboot.

then do *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (from the dialer) when the phone boots back up. Any/all of that should clear up your issues.

There should be no reason why a fingerprint change is removing the apps from your app drawer.

Upvote 0
I would be very surprised. I've already heard talk of another 2.2 leak newer than this one.

And yes guys, if you use the STAGEFRIGHTbuild.prop it needs to be renamed to

build.prop !

Come on people. use your god given noggins!! :D

I know its obvious but you know how some people are. :rolleyes: If there's a newer Froyo it probably just small tweaks at most. This close to release the code is generally frozen and only bugs and small tweaks are allowed. But every little bit helps. Why can't someone leak the encryption key damn it!

So where is this new Froyo leak... I mean.. Cheeseburger leak wink wink I'm hunger. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I know its obvious but you know how some people are. :rolleyes: If there's a newer Froyo it probably just small tweaks at most. This close to release the code is generally frozen and only bugs and small tweaks are allowed. But every little bit helps. Why can't someone leak the encryption key damn it!

So where is this new Froyo leak... I mean.. Cheeseburger leak wink wink I'm hunger. :rolleyes:

I don't think it is going to be in cheeseburger form

Upvote 0
The build.prop has had over 2000 downloads, and this is the first I've heard of this. I would say odds are you didnt do something correctly. Go into /data/dalvik-cache and delete everything, reboot.

Also, go into the Applications, Manage, find the market, clear data/cache, reboot.

then do *#*#CHECKIN#*#* (from the dialer) when the phone boots back up. Any/all of that should clear up your issues.

There should be no reason why a fingerprint change is removing the apps from your app drawer.

Well I changed the one line back to stock, rebooted, and everything was back in it's place. Like I said, weird. It very well may be something I did wrong, but it's back to normal now. I might try again tomorrow. I did this before seeing your post, so I didn't try any of the suggestions you made.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones