• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod.

Well I changed the one line back to stock, rebooted, and everything was back in it's place. Like I said, weird. It very well may be something I did wrong, but it's back to normal now. I might try again tomorrow. I did this before seeing your post, so I didn't try any of the suggestions you made.

Well thats good to hear. I hope you get it all figured out!

Upvote 0
i add a forward slash behind sdcard and it works, see below:

easiest way

with computer

adb push build.prop /sdcard/
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system
cp /sdcard/build.prop /system

I dont see how thats easier than..

adb remount
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
abd reboot

done.

Upvote 0
When getting adb: not found or no command 'adb' found you can correct by adding ./ before adb so the command will appear as;

./adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

(Step 4 original directions)

The ./ tells your system that you are working within the current directory (tools).

Upvote 0
I do not know what the difference in this method and the Eris Market Fix app is and this build prop fix may be better, but I am using the Eris market fix and it seems to be working for me. I did not see this app mentioned, so thought I would throw it in if this build prop method is not working for you. I tried EMF first just because downloading an app is more comfortable for me.

Upvote 0
I do not know what the difference in this method and the Eris Market Fix app is and this build prop fix may be better, but I am using the Eris market fix and it seems to be working for me. I did not see this app mentioned, so thought I would throw it in if this build prop method is not working for you. I tried EMF first just because downloading an app is more comfortable for me.

I'm not sure of the exact difference either, but if you know how to add the original build.prop in the OP, I suggest using that. Its made for the Droid X, and i think using it will be a lot safer and prevent future unknown problems if something arises from using EMF. Just my 2cents.

Upvote 0
_mrbirdman_

To those of you who did the "droid2 fingerprint fix" for your apps in the market...undo it....or never do a factory reset..you decide..

about 1 hour ago via web

Factory reset is dumb anyways. Can't do it if you removed bloatware either.

Easy fix for this, just SBF. Or keep a stock build.prop.. you decide..

It sounds like he may be a little bitter. This must have been one of the bugs he was hunting for, so he was obviously using this mod himself.

Upvote 0
I've cleaned up and updated the OP with the Stock Build.prop and instructions. Please stop panicking PM'ing me because of birds tweet. There is more than one reason why you cant do factory resets. If you've applied a theme, removed /system apps, or even renamed them, you cant do a factory reset without changing everything back.

Again, if you're in doubt, just SBF. Its your best bet.

Upvote 0
Since when can we not do a Factory Reset if we change these things? Do you mean a Factory Data Reset that is in the Privacy menu?

I could've sworn I've done this before when things are already modded with no issues. Also, I've never read about it..

Yeah, I've done it too. I have no idea what birdman was talking about.

Upvote 0
Quick help please... I installed Nextheme by Fab successfully. Now when I go to Appbrain to install my apps I receive "The request item could not be found". For some reason AppBrain is not seeing all the apps I purchase/downloaded? Only way I can install them is to download them individually? Any suggestions?

Should following the steps from Lexus work?

Upvote 0
I keep getting permission denied...I've done the OP version and this version as well:

"adb shell"
"su"
"mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/mtd/mtdblock4 /system"
"exit"
"exit"
"adb push build.prop /system/build.prop"

Did you get a message from superuser on your phone to allow permissions for this? If so make sure to hit yes and this could fix this issue. Might be completely irrelevant and sorry if this isn't the same issue. Just thought I would suggest it, my brother-in-law was doing this earlier and I noticed that and after that he was good.

After finishing and then restarting his phone, the market issue was fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones