• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

OK, Lean Kernel 1.10 downloaded. AOKP Build #22 and GAPPS in process. It's been a while since I flashed a kernel (damn locked bootloaders:mad:) so I just wanted to confirm order:eek:. ROM, Kernel, then gapps, correct. I know, I know, I should be in the all things root, but at least I'm kinda on topic here:D

Upvote 0
OK, Lean Kernel 1.10 downloaded. AOKP Build #22 and GAPPS in process. It's been a while since I flashed a kernel (damn locked bootloaders:mad:) so I just wanted to confirm order:eek:. ROM, Kernel, then gapps, correct. I know, I know, I should be in the all things root, but at least I'm kinda on topic here:D

ROM and gapps. Then reboot. Then kernel and any themes you might want. That's the order I do anyway.

Upvote 0
sup? whats the problem?

Welp, certain MKV's that I play through the external HDD stop with anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes left in the movie. It is only certain movies too. Sometimes I can fast forward and rewind the MKV's through my TV's controls and usually that is the file that I CAN watch the whole movie. If I can't use the controls through my TV, that is usually a sign that the video will stop short of the end. They all work perfectly fine on VLC on my computer, but for some reason only certain files won't play the whole video on my TV.

Upvote 0
I know 4.0.4 has just now been forced onto the Nexus, but news from the DL fringes is that the NEXT update is coming out soon.

It's a long-shot rumor (I guess), but 4.0.5 OTA is supposedly due out next month. I won't hold my breath :rolleyes:
I knew you guys didn't read my link lists! :p I've posted about this already!

Reactions: Copacetic and jbdan
Upvote 0
OK, I'm up and running on AOKP and Lean 1.10. I have to load that high quality GNex boot ani. I've never had a reason to change one, but that angry pink unicorn and all the flowers are too much:D

Or you can just turn it off in settings> rom control> general UI> disable boot animation. The boot ani changes to a nice little "ANDROID" text with highlights. However, you will be labeled a "Jerk." after doing this :p

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Haha I would love to live there man

No you wouldn't :D

AKcoverage.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones