1. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Very true. "Green" land is an oxymoron.
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

As is Iceland. :thumbup:
  3. CaptainRon

I absolutely could make use of that. As it is, I spend a great deal of my computer time at home on my recumbent bike. It's really easy to pedal away the miles when I'm busy on the puter. I have it programmed with intervals so I can't just idly pedal. I get a real, soak my shirt with sweat, workout.
  4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Oh yes, nothing serious, just financial stuff. Moral of the story is don't get into credit card debt. And especially not an amount equal to a 1/3 of your yearly gross income. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was using my phone. Actually, my wife was in the shower when the power went off, so after giving my one awake child the flashlight, I used my phone to give her light to get out of the shower. It was such a horrible job too ;):D
  5. MSUgEEk

YIKES! Yeah, that's a tough situation. I'm confident you'll get it settled though.

HAHA! Yeah, such a horrible job... :p ;)
  6. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

So I installed the newest version of Nova Launcher, and I'm getting some redraw. :/

Anyone else getting this? Could it be related to my high Android OS stats?
  7. DarthSilentBob

DarthSilentBob VIP Member VIP Member

Just a little science humor...

[​IMG]
  8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I think hooking it up to the TV is better. That would definitely eliminate the couch potatoes!
  9. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Mornin' all :)

Read a couple things today that kind of irked me:

Verizon putting the ax down on grandfathered unlimited.
    Verizon CFO says grandfathered unlimited plans on the way out -- Engadget

I can kind of see this, but I suspect with big reds stubbornness they will loose customers who want pure devices

Google play only allows 4 de authorizations
    PSA: Google Music allows four device de-authorizations per year, rooters beware -- Engadget

Kind of stupid here, just like my rooted Xoom can't rent movies from the play store because its a rooted developer device

And Apple going for bigger screens:

WSJ: Apple moving towards larger iPhone screens -- Engadget

I find this amusing, actually. They will likely find a way to sue all the manufacturers who have been using larger display sizes in their android devices.
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

VZW some days you suck more than a Hoover.

And Google Music too. But I don't use them so it doesn't affect me.
  11. AntimonyER

Its one of those stories where I will thank you for finding the story, but I don't want to because of the content.;) On the bright side, if they do in fact kill off unlimited, it will save me some money, because I am carrying an extra line, and I could easily switch over to that one, and kill off my original line, except my original has unlimited data. Only thing keeping me from switching, as I am not attached to my cell number at all.
  12. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Ugh iOS app got rejected - this is the message they sent me. What annoys me is that there are other apps in the App Store that make use of Points in the description app. Trying to figure out how to sorta get around this - maybe change my description. Ugh, don't know.

13. CaptainRon

That sucks Stigy. I'm sorry to hear that.
  14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

My level of outrage will depend on the pricepoint for the tiers. If $30 for 2gb (4gb if you got the double data deal) shared, then you'll find me switching carriers. Now $50 for 10gb I would be upset with, but not too much as my family could survive under that now and we outlay $90 for data alone (2 unlimited, 1 4gb). You have to consider though, that the carriers themselves are pushing more cloud services, so in the future that might not be enough. I will have to see what the alternatives are, can't be mad based on one dude's statement.
  15. MSUgEEk

isn't killing off your grandfathered unlimited plans a violation of your contract agreement?
  16. MSUgEEk

Sucks dude. :(
  17. Unforgiven

Sorry to hear that Stigy. I'm not familiar with WW Points enough to help. I hope you can abstract that enough to pass the censors but still have it clear enough so users know what the app is for.
    The article note's that it would be done during upgrades, so it would be a new contract anyway.
  18. AntimonyER

I have a feeling it will be the same as their other shared stuff, same price as before for 2 lines, and you only start seeing savings with 3 or more lines.
  19. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Hmm. Perhaps they're considering "renewing" a contract to be signing a new one, annulling the original? Truth be told, I've never looked too closely at the language of my phone contract.
  20. MSUgEEk

I just did see that. Yeah, that sucks. I guess we'll see what's available in my area next time I'm up for an upgrade.
  21. AntimonyER

So you can still keep unlimited if you buy phones unsubsidized.
  22. ajdroidx

If VZW does kill unlimited data, I am still stuck with two lines that are tiered. My nexus is up in December this year pretty much. For a moment there, I thought I could just cancel all my lines (well, the two I am not using) with out the ETFs. Still looks like they got me over a barrel. :rolleyes:
  23. Unforgiven

Doubt it. You are bound by the contract as is VZW. Once the two years is up, they, like you, are no longer bound by those terms so they could move you into one of there current plans. They would probably have to let you know ahead of time and give you the option of picking one that would best fit your needs. If you didn't pick, they would most likely pick for you.
  24. ajdroidx

Gotta laugh at the "Infringement" line in irony. :deal:

Sorry about the rejection :(
  25. AntimonyER

So apple is on a roll, Blocks the EVO 4G LTE and HTC One X from the states, and now all the suckers who bought an iPhone on Verizon have VZW salivating at higher profit margins from "shared" plans that few think will actually be a good value. To top it off, They block our friend Stigy's app. Not making any friends in here IMO.

BB, what will you do with your iPad when AF declares a boycott of Apple products?

;)