• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Just a quick hello, we are still in Dallas, nieces graduation was today, she has become a delightful young adult, such a pleasure!

Congrats to your niece! Our foster daughter graduates this evening. I think I'm just as proud as I was when my son graduated last year. Statistically, she should have been a drop out, unwed mother, drug addict, criminal, or any combination thereof. Instead, she's going to college for her Masters in Teaching this fall. :)

Ummm....wow. Really?

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Good morning!

Since we just hit the 15K mark, I'm curious to see who the top posters are? I forgot how to look it up within a thread, can someone let me know? :)

Back into the Lounge, and then click on the 15,xxx post number next to the Watering Hole. A little window will come up telling you how much time BB has spent on this thing :p

Upvote 0
Chief:

Some phones don't like Faux's kernel (AOKP's stock kernel). A) no for sure answer. B) Download and flash LeanKernel stable. Let me know how it goes.

jmar

Thanks Jmar, but it runs so well otherwise - bizarre!

Anyway, I found the Franco kernel Milestone 4, but Lean kernel is an .img file. How do I flash THAT? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Morning all! I see I missed 15k post yesterday. Pretty awesome! I had no idea I had as many posts in this thread as I did though. Nuts!

Haha, 2/3rds of my posts have been either here, or in the pre-release thread. To be honest, it was 3/4 prior to the past 3 weeks, but Guide duties find me posting all over the place now.

Upvote 0
Good morning all and happy hump day.

Got word that the landlord/property manager came and signed the lease yesterday so its all official. Now I need to pack up the current apartment and get the keys to the new place. Oh boy did I forget how much packing sucks.

Also a reminder - Google Maps even at 12:30PM EDT today, 9:30AM PDT and figure your times out if you're in between, hah.

And here your top 15 posters through 15k:
BabyBlues - 2,009
svt_gEEk - 1,113
dreadnatty08 - 866
jbdan - 816
AntimonyER - 760
Stigy - 733
Unforgiven - 677
halon - 553
RazorSharp - 526
The_Chief - 508
Copacetic - 477
CaptainRon - 390
IHateMyTreo - 376
HanSolo (Old Acct) - 336
jmartino5920 - 330

Upvote 0
Yeah, Play store hasn't been my friend lately. It never pushes updates until I am at my desk, and suffering from .1-.2 Mbps data speeds. Not at home while on wi-fi, not on the way to work while enjoying 10-20 Mbps... Nope, at my desk, and it completely bogs down my data until its finished. I can't even get into the play store to cancel the download, it just times out everytime. Need to change the setting to download updates on wi-fi only.

Upvote 0
Not around that community very much anymore because I sold my Focus (Ford Focus community) but stay in touch with a few of the friends I made there and that's how I heard about it. Not very many of us older ones there anymore but it's nice to see several of us have went back and contributed to a thread dedicated to her memory. Kind of a bittersweet reunion of sorts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones