• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GUIDE] 100% Stock Motorola Triumph *Newb Proof*

PerkinsII

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2011
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you mess up, I am here helping you but also note that if you do something wrong and your phone turns into a brick it's on you.

Here yah go :cool:
Code:
Stock Nandroid: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?3qe98bjhh4rc4cj"]Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34.7z[/URL]
Stock Recovery: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?q42n21eaexppvyp"]recovery.zip[/URL]
Stock Flashable Splash Image: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?s666pgk9d7per28"]Stock_Splash_Image_b_randon14_signed.zip[/URL]
Buy me a cup of coffee?

Donation Link

Steps to Stock:
1st: First follow this guide:CWM on MT (Install CWM if you don't have it already)

2nd: Next use Stock nandroid and this guide Stock Nandroid Backup Guide
(ignore everything but how to set it up on your sd card and unzipping it. End product should be a folder, open that folder and you should see a "boot.img", "cache.img", "data.img", "nandroid.md5", and "system.img".

3rd: Next boot into CWM (turn off your phone and hold power and volume up and down, let go after the phone shows CWM. After CWM is up the controls are menu = select, volume keys = up and down, back = back) and look for mounts. First format system, data, cache, and under advanced format dalvik cache, then select "backup and restore" and under the restore options select the Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34 folder, and it will restore a never powered on backup of the stock rom.

*Optional:Only for those who changed splash logo.
If you changed your splash image from default flash this file Stock_Splash_Image_b_randon14_signed.zip (after you have flashed stock rom go back to the main menu, select "install zip from sdcard" then select "choose zip from sdcard". Then find where you downloaded it to your phone (best just to put it in the root of the sdcard). Select it, it should be named "Stock_Splash_Image_b_randon14_signed.zip". It will ask you to confirm use the volume keys to select yes. After it says "Install from sdcard complete" you can go onto Step 4.

*Note that you can just do the optional step after Step 4 and it will replace the splash image to default too.

4th: After its done don't reboot the phone just hit the back softkey till you get to the main menu and select power down. As you already installed CWM going back to stock is the same way. With the phone off hold power and volume (make sure nothing is plugged into it ex:usb or power) down till "polling" comes on then plug the usb cable in and connect it to your computer. Let it install drivers, then open your computer, open mobile, open image, then replace the recovery.img with the stock one (Stock one at top of the post). *Note the stock recovery comes zipped just unzip it till you have a recovery.img. It will ask you to "overwrite" hit yes wait about 10 seconds after its 100% done copying (it should only take about 5 seconds). Then unmount it from your computer and unplug the usb cable from the phone. Now as much as you might not want to, the only way to get out of download mode is battery pull, so pull the battery wait about 10 seconds put it back in.

*Optional: Sets Splash image default and a couple other things if your worried, not required though.
Replace the whole "MOBILE" partition with stock (not required but here it is if you want to, also it will replace your splash image back to stock if you don't already have it stock) Fix Mobile Partition. This will replace your "Splash image" to stock if you changed it. Note that if you use this the stock recovery will be named recovery.img.old so just delete the recovery.img and rename the recovery.img.old to recovery.img
5th: Power your phone on, you now have 100% Stock everything :D Enjoy!

Have a LG Optimus V??? Want it stock too??? Here yah go [GUIDE!] 100% Stock LG Optimus V

*Note the reason I explain everything in so much detail is some people have less knowledge than others and when it was me with less knowledge I liked the extra explanation. Must of you would only need the links which is why I put them at the top.

All files here except stock recovery (which I supplied) are other peoples and the credit goes to them for supplying them. I only put together all the guides/files into a guide on 100% Stock.

If you are thinking about copying and pasting the guide to another forum/website I would hope that you had the decency to just permalink to it so people could get help if they had questions that weren't on the guide. If not at least link to it/give credit.

Upvote 0
Thanks could you make this one flashable for me splash.img. Also do you have a script for turning them flashable in CWM or just a process so I can do it myself in the future???

yea i can make it flashable for you... just give me 5 mins and ill have it up for you. :D also, i cannot make a script that makes a flashable zip, but i can modify my converter script to push it to your phone via usb cord. (you have to have adb setup though.)

Upvote 0
yea i can make it flashable for you... just give me 5 mins and ill have it up for you. :D also, i cannot make a script that makes a flashable zip, but i can modify my converter script to push it to your phone via usb cord. (you have to have adb setup though.)
You could take the zip and unzip it, then switch the splash.img, then zip the contents that were in the original zip (do not compress them when you do this).

Upvote 0
Hi, this is Khai. I did everything else, but in the step 3 when I selected backup and restore and restore, there is no Stock_Triumph_1980-01-06.00.00.34 file. The phone screen at the bottom said
"Couldn't open directory.
No files found."
I downloaded all the files and put them in the sd card.
By the way, the reason I am doing it is
I sold this phone after rooting it with cm7 and the buyer returned it back to me for trouble shooting purpose because the virginmobile customer service's trouble shooting code ##847466# won't work and the old phone no. keeps remaining. But only the 3G works.
Please please help. I really need some help. Thank you.

Upvote 0
I am new and have a stock MT. I am wanting to be able to switch between stock and custom rom as often as I like. If I install CWM on my stock phone and create a recovery image, then flash my desired ROM(probably cm7 reloaded) and create a CMW recovery image of the ROM can I then switch between stock and custom rom as often as I like. I kind of like to use the HDMI port from time to time, but would like to try the ROM. Also, does the recovery image restore installed apps and app data? Hope I'm posting in the right place. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones