• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to add back sprint tv?

This was taken from Flipz's website:

(This of course assumes you installed Fresh, but regardless it has the removed apks in it)

Flipz said:
Removed:
Amazon mp3
GSD (HTC test program that was draining battery)
HTC Footprints
HTC Ringtone trimmer
HTC Sound recorder
HTC Stocks
Quick Office
Learn more
pdf viewer
Sprint navigator
Sprint Nascar
Sprint TV
Teeter

DOWNLOAD REMOVED APKS HERE: Deposit Files If you use Fresh Kitchen 1.0.5 you can copy them to your My Apk’s folder and use the app installer to install them.

This is not a signed zip, but a zip file containing the removed apks.

Here is a link to the page I got that info from:
Download: Fresh Rom 2.0d | visual voicemail + a2sd + lwp Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Upvote 0
Hey I'm actually trying to reinstall the pdf viewer that flippz took out and I'm having trouble. I can push the PDFViewer.apk to /system/app, but whenever I try and push the .odex file I just end up getting the adb help page.

If I use the "pre-kitchen" to push the files, it appears to work ok, but when I reboot I get stuck in a boot loop. Any suggestions? The stock pdf Viewer was as good as Beamreader, but it had the added bonus of being free.

Upvote 0
Which version of Fresh are you running? The apks are different for each...

If you are running the latest (2.1.2) Then you need this:

flipz said:
Removed:
Amazon mp3
GSD (HTC test program that was draining battery)
HTC Footprints
HTC Navigation Panel
HTC Ringtone trimmer
HTC Stocks
Quick Office
Learn more
pdf viewer
Sprint navigator
Sprint Nascar
Sprint NFL
Sprint TV
Teeter

DOWNLOAD REMOVED APKS HERE: http://geekfor.me/downloads/fresh21removedapks If you use Fresh Kitchen 1.0.5 you can copy them to your My Apk’s folder and use the app installer to install them.

Upvote 0
Hi ccapasso and thanks for replying. I'm using 2.1.2 and that is the same zip i downloaded. I was able to get quick office to install by simply putting the .apk onto my sdcard and using Astro to install it. I tried the same with the pdfViewer and it didn't work. The aforementioned pushing methods didn't seem to work either.

Upvote 0
I'm having a similar issue. I just rooted and installed Fresh 2.1.2.

I used adb push to put the .apk and .odex files for HTC Navigation Panel, PDFViewer and Sprint Navigation to /system/app. When I rebooted the phone it went into a reboot loop.

I ended up wiping the phone and rebuilding; wasn't smart enough to create a backup.

Did I have the problem because I tried to jam all 3 of them in at once or is there something else wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hey JarffVC,

From what I've seen with my battles getting the PDFViewer installed, the problem is with the rom being deodexed, while the apps aren't. from what I understand, that link on Flipz's page is for files he took at of a previous, odexed rom.

After posting on the Fresh Rom thread on XDA, someone posted a copy of PDFViewer.apk that had been deodexed, and after pushing it to the phone it showed up in the app drawer without even rebooting. I would ask on that thread if one of the devs could post the other apps in deodexed form for you.

Upvote 0
Tanner, the sentiment is right, but this is a very specific question to a very specific rom. Most of the people who reply as you did do it much more curtly as thought people like myself and Jarf are idiots. The adb install command may or may not work, but regardless, the issue is the .apk and .odex files flipz has up on his site. If you adb install or push either of these files the install will fail and/xor the phone will go into a boot loop.

If Jarf is familiar with pushing, that is a verified method, but ONLY with the deodexed app up on the XDA thread.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies!

Try doing this

adb install xxxxx.apk

and thats all. I have installed roms just a few times, but installing has always worked for me when pushing hasn't. Plus you don't need to worry about adding in the directory every time.

Hope this helps, although I could be wrong, I am a n00b myself (first week rooting)

Tanner have you used this method with the Sprint apps specifically? I will give it a shot when I have a chance to sit down with it again anyway; I am just wondering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones