• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Hook Evo to Car Cd Player

Barats

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
Ok im trying to hook this up to my car cd player to play Pandora and other things. When i got my deck installed last year, they already ran a usb cable to the back of it but the connecting piece is way too big for the evo. I think its really for the iphone or ipod as thats what my cousin has and he hooked his to it yesterday.

Anyone know exactly what you need for the Evo?

Thanks.

Depends.

Like my Pioneer radio have a funky 6 prong port on the back that you can get an "iPod" adapter, officially from Pioneer for it. Unfortunately, the male end that plus into the device is iPod specific.

I know some head units literally have a USB 2.0 port on them. If this is the case with yours, you might be able to use the cable that your phone came with. It's called a USB micro cable.

If your head unit is like mine with a funky adapter though, I suggest seeing if anyone makes an adapter that has a male standard head phone jack.

That is actually how I had to hook mine up. I had a spare set of RCA input's on the back, I just hit Radio Shack and bought a 6 foot wire/plug that was a red and white pair of RCA jacks on one end and a male head phone jack on the other. Plugged those into my RCA inputs and I plug the headphone end into my EVO and poof!

Post the brand and model number of your head unit if you need more help.

Upvote 0
Depends.

Like my Pioneer radio have a funky 6 prong port on the back that you can get an "iPod" adapter, officially from Pioneer for it. Unfortunately, the male end that plus into the device is iPod specific.

I know some head units literally have a USB 2.0 port on them. If this is the case with yours, you might be able to use the cable that your phone came with. It's called a USB micro cable.

If your head unit is like mine with a funky adapter though, I suggest seeing if anyone makes an adapter that has a male standard head phone jack.

That is actually how I had to hook mine up. I had a spare set of RCA input's on the back, I just hit Radio Shack and bought a 6 foot wire/plug that was a red and white pair of RCA jacks on one end and a male head phone jack on the other. Plugged those into my RCA inputs and I plug the headphone end into my EVO and poof!

Post the brand and model number of your head unit if you need more help.

Pioneer Premier DEH-P600UB

Upvote 0
Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which one of those do you have? It sounds like its a standard Type A connector. If that's the case, you would need a type A to Micro adapter. Although I dont know if it will work. I read the specs of that deck, and it looks like the usb only works with an Ipod.

If that doesnt work, you can buy one of these:

PIONEER HEADUNIT IPBUS TO 3.5mm AUX AUDIO CABLE CD-RB10 - eBay (item 320564611330 end time Aug-19-10 19:25:35 PDT)

I bought one of those from that seller, and it works great with my Pioneer head unit. Just plug it into the back of the stereo and run teh headphone jack out to the car.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones