• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Install Apps to Notification Menu

gticlay

Lurker
Jan 18, 2011
I'm rockin' an Evo now but started out with an Epic. The Epic had the on/off for the wifi and 4g on the notification menu. It was very useful when I didn't have enough signal, or really great signal so I could turn on/off this stuff without leaving the browser.

Soooooo, how do I put the Evo on-off apps in the notification pull down menu so I can just pull down when I need to turn on or off something?

I know of 2 apps that do this.
Bar Control and Folder Organizer

I actually prefer Folder Organizer because it doesn't put an icon up on the notification bar (or you can elect to not have one). But when you pull the bar down, you'll have whatever app/setting you want as an ongoing notification.

Bar control is easier to use. Very simple and it works. But i dont like having the icon taking up space up on the bar.

Hope this helps!

Here's a screenshot so you can see how I have wifi settings on my notification bar using Folder Organizer

snap20110118_200720.png
[/IMG]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones