How to save SMS picsSupport

1. freeman525

freeman525 New Member

Is there a way to save pics sent to me via SMS? I've looked thru the manual and tried long press but no luck so far.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rwagnes

rwagnes Active Member

Long-pressing the picture does nothing for me, but if I long-press the text message itself, I get a menu with a save picture option. (HTC Hero default app)
    oohscrap likes this.
  3. Steve70611

Steve70611 New Member

I've been trying that myself. All I can up with is to forward it to my E-mail and then save to my SD card. There has to be a better way!
  4. freeman525

freeman525 New Member

On my charge, long pressing the message itself gives me the option to delete the message or view the contact. Thanks for your suggestion, though.
  5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Try this as it works on my bolt so might work on the charge. goto your messages and click on the picture. once that shows up tap the picture again and 4 little icons pop up st the bottom of the screen. Click the one that looks like a phone and it should give the option of saving the picture.

Like I said how I can do it on my bolt so I would think it should work the same way on the charge.
  6. stueycaster

stueycaster Well-Known Member

The GO SMS Pro app will do it. It's in the market.
  7. prsist1

prsist1 New Member

Open SMS msg. Touch picture to view. Press menu, Attached Items, click check box, click save.

Hope that helps.
    Chargethis likes this.
  8. Chargethis

Chargethis New Member

That did the trick!

Thanks for the post.
  9. drparty

drparty New Member

You'll then find the saved picture located in /sdcard/download/
  10. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

Yep, I use Handcent, I just touch the picture and get a menu that has an option to save to SD card, then the picture shows up in the Gallery in downloads, only after the next sd card scan.