• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HOWTO: Install Missing Android Market on XPERIA X10 Mini

Hi Crazydip,

I have x10mini... THANKS A LOT for the info... IT WORKS!

But i have a one problem... i have no music in the library after i successfully installed the MARKET... But in my /sdcard/music... it shows that i have music files but it cannot be viewed in library of my default music player...
Why my music player cannot viewed the library files? In addition to this i cannot set a customize ringtone from my music library.

Upvote 0
It works! Thank you crazydip!

By the way, my X10 mini pro with android 1.6 didn't come with marketplace, but it had an option to upgrade to 2.1. Is it possible that the upgrade will add marketplace to the phone? I didn't want to risk it to find out. Also, if it upgrade now, will marketplace that I installed using this method still be usable?

Upvote 0
Thank you so much finally i am able to install market properly and make downloads!
basically the clue for me was to download superoneclick to root the phone, unfortunately because my xperia mini was with the last android version I was able to use ur options to root the phone.
once that was done everything was smothh!!!!!
cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
hi there,
i did all the steps successfully but the market forces close or the download doesnot start anyone knows a solution i tried hard reset but it didnot solve problem just removed all my apps including market and i had to install it again from root explorer .also does anyone knows if the market app updates as it seems like an old version and i dont know how to update it

thanks

Upvote 0
Hi kind people,I've two problems

1) I recently bought an xperia x10i(android 2.1) from saudi arabia (i reside in india) I dont know if its normal or not but there is no android market in my phone.Also there is no file browser or apk installer.i want to install games and applications and also get android market.What should i do?

2)wenever i restart my phone all the photo's i linked to contacts are being untagged except one contact....what wrong? wat should i do?

i tried to follow the thread but i cudnt much understand it(or id rather say im confused)...as im new to android and hence didnt quite understand

i dont have any data services....should i debrand it or any of u have any easy or better solutions plz share...

thx in advance!

Upvote 0
I have also provided the Vending.apk file for Android 2.1.
please report back here and give us your results.

Hi!
Reporting, got it done as in tutorial (x10 mini 2,1) Market starts, white screen comes out and after a second program collapse I got back to menu!?
1 more quesion Samsung Galaxy has cod to change region
*#272*[IMEI number]# then chose "XSG"
is there something on SE? this one is not working on my SE Xperia x10 mini (made for China market)

Upvote 0
i just bought a used sony ericson x10i and when i go to the market it is showing a gmail address for the previous owner. i cant figure out how to change it to my own. i already set up my email account and its working fine i just cant get in the market because i dont know the guys password. how do i switch it to mine? thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Sadly I cant make it work even though I followed your steps but not all of them since my phone is already rooted, I used rootexplorer to transfer the market apk file you provided from my sd to the system/app folder and still I got no luck :(

I have an xperia x10 mini pro running android 2.1, no mods just rooted

I unwillingly deleted the market app after I have updated it because I thought the update I had contains a malware of some sort sigh

proves Im a klutz :D

anyway any form of help that you can give me is pretty much appreciated thanks guys!

oh and its my first post

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones