• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you torrent, read this. Major loss for for p2p networks.

Wow. My brother uses this... Is LimeWire breaking any laws to why its getting shutdown? It has existed for so long now..

Is it breaking any laws? The whole idea is against the law. Copyright infringement?

The Limewire's main use is pirating music... oh and supplying viruses.

Upvote 0
TPB has its fair share of viruses too.

Kickasstorrents for me
Thats why i only get it from 'trusted, vip' pirates:D
Limewire was terrible and loaded with spyware and crap you don't want. I am shocked that people still used it and are upset at its going away. lol
But as IOWA said, that's not the point. If it was up to the RIAA every person who uses these kinds of services would be fined and/or prosecuted. Even a small victory is something to be reckoned with
Demonoid ftmfw!
It has it's uses but TPB FTW!!!!

Upvote 0
Yea +1 on newsgroups, SLSK and torrents. With emphasis on newsgroups. Was so impressed with newsgroups I paid for a fast server.

I know someone mentioned only using torrents for older stuff. But for music, SLSK is a goldmine for older, hard to find stuff. Sometimes torrents and SLSK can flip flop for the best for finding old and hard to find music.

@Oink

Good riddance. If you think iPhone iFans are arrogant....you never been on the wrong side of the staff at Oink. Legit problem and solution that got lumped in with ratio cheaters. No explanations accepted or believed.

Another site, same thing happened. But they believed and understood me. Although that was after Oink got shut down but still...

Whats funny is now some torrent sites have what I was doing as part of their guidelines...some torrent clients now have what I was doing as a feature...and its no problem now..I guess I can kinda blame it on ISP throttling being new and some ppl not really understanding it back then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones