• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Astro killing my battery?

I think he has every right to ask that question. He is trying to make sure you aren't the moron. Since you are suggesting that somehow an application on the phone could drain battery power when the phone is OFF, that's not such a stretch.

You are really being pretty rude to people who are just trying to help you.

Then help me and not ask a question that has already been addressed about it being off or not.

Upvote 0
Ok, the last couple of days after charging my phone at night and turning it completely off, as I do every day, I wake up the next morning and power up my phone and it was at 100%. This morning it was at 70%. What is happening again? The last time this happened, I uninstalled Facebook Touch and it was ok.

I am not sure how else to say this

If your phone is off apps cannot affect your battery.

Sorry for the obnoxious post but you do not seem to be getting this point despite it being posted several times in this thread.

Upvote 0
so the steps involved are

1. charge the phone to 100%
2. complety shut off the phone
3. wake up 8 hours later and turn it on
4. notice that your battery has drained 30%

are you using the stock battery minder? maybe it's just reporting bad?

No battery widgets, just powering up my phone and seeing the green battery next to the time showing not full then looking at battery status and seeing it is down to 70%.

Upvote 0
So dont be obnoxious. I am trying to figure out why my battery goes down 30%.

I am trying to tell you it cant be apps. Like I said before try pulling your battery for a few nights and see if it happens then. I am willing to bet it will. If this was happening to me I would be bugging vzw for a replacement battery. Batteries do go bad

Upvote 0
Ok so I called Verizon on this issue and they told me to remove my battery every night. They also told me to make sure I am using a task killer. I hate them. Then I called Motorola customer support and they are sending me a new battery.

good to hear that motorola was helpful. No matter you problem with any android phone vzw techs just say get a task killer its friggin ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Goto the verizon store and get a new battery.

I had an issue like this recently where all olf sudden my phone would't make it thru the day on MY standard useage. Previous, it would go between 24-36 hours, doing nothing different, it wouldn't make 12. I have a droid from last Nov.

I deleted some apps. I did battery pulls. I tried everything for about a week. No difference.

Called VZW tech support. Went thru the usual stuff, they said they couldn't authorize anything over the phone, have to goto store.

Went to store. Wanted to test phone for an hour. Like I have an hour to sit around the vzw store after waiting 30 minutes to speak to tech service! Convinced them to give me new battery.

Problem solved. Phone lasts about 30 or so hours with new battery and my useage.

Li-Ion batteries have a fixed amount of charge cycles they can go thru, then they don't hold charge well.

Oh, and if your phone is really turned off, then there is very minimal battery drain. You should be able to leave it off for a week, and when you turn it on, maybe it will be down 20-30%. However, your phone circuitry could be bad such that when you turn it off, it is really not turning off and going into a down state. So it might be the phone that is bad, and not the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones