Is Jelly Bean still on schedule?General

1. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Doubt it's going to be today now, Samsung just said "very soon" at IFA.
  2. Ustna

Ustna Member

What a letdown... I wasn't expecting it on my GS3 today, but I was hoping for a timeframe. Bummer
  3. matttye

They usually miss their deadlines so they're probably not giving us one this time :p
  4. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member

The JB update referred today is for the international only correct? I assume it will be several months before AT&T etc get it after they test it.
  5. matttye

There's not likely to be an update today, Samsung just said "very soon." Nothing has been announced officially. It may come to all markets straight away, we don't know.
  6. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing OTA but my S2 and ICS was through Kies.
    Max_Headroom likes this.
  7. Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom Well-Known Member

I am on an international and have just checked for updates, nothing available. :(

8. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

same here.
  9. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Like most updates I'll wait for a confirmed date before I go checking every few minutes, I've learnt that 'very soon' can be a pretty flexible window.
  10. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

It might as well be after the official launch of the Galaxy Note II, which already runs JB. Let's see how it goes.
  11. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

Like December.
  12. Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  13. Another reason to envy Apple...when an update is pushed everyone gets it and no carrier messes with it...
  14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Except for the part where their latest version updates takes iOS mostly up to the functionality of Android 1.6 coupled with HTC Sense 1.0, I agree completely.

So, I think that they are the fastest slow around.
  15. skep

skep Well-Known Member

on verizon with my SG3 and just checked for an update. no go yet :/
  16. weezy7

weezy7 Active Member

How do we know what brand our phone is on, I don't actually get a "O2" boot screen I just get one saying Samsung Galaxy III etc.. then a Samsung one which has a outer glow blue.
  17. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Haven't you been reading the previous posts? :rolleyes: There is no point in checking.

Besides, the previous RUMORS were saying it was for International (non-US) phones.
  18. sherlock5545

It should be unbranded.
  19. sherlock5545

So you'd like to have a buggy update? They never said they were going to release it today, it was only rumoured. If that is all it takes for you to make up your mind, oh well...
  20. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

It's not like JB is a huge update. You get some different animations (woopy-doo), more information in your notifications, project butter to make it smoother (although the S3 is already incredibly smooth), and Google Now (mildly useful).
  21. badboybubby

badboybubby Well-Known Member

were still waiting for that on three UK their support is very slow
  22. matttye

The S3 is not smooth compared to project butter. Go on YouTube, type in "project butter" and watch some of the videos of the Nexus running JB. The browser just flies, it's incredibly smooth. The S3 is very fast but animations are sometimes jittery.

Google Now, Google Voice Search and the improved notifications are all very useful and what I'm looking forward to the most!
  23. irishbogman

irishbogman Active Member

Are you using an S3, must be one of the only owners I know dying to get back to Apple, why dont you like the S3?

Plenty test Jelly Bean roms around to play with if you have itchy fingers, sister and nieces have 4s's and im not a bit impressed, they are mighty envious of the S3 though, no way im going the iphone route no matter what they bring out, saying that ive two 24" Imac's and love them
  24. roush611

roush611 Well-Known Member

LOL What?!?! Please explain your logic here? Apple is the let down of all let downs. How many times have you watched an Apple keynote waiting for an awesome NEW phone and have been let down because it is the exact same thing as its predecessor? Thats right EVERY TIME. At least you currently have the best phone on the market in your hands and you know the update will for sure be coming. Or as you said you can digress and hop back to Apple for the iPhone 5.
    bradhoschar likes this.