• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Sense] Adrynalyne's 2.6.32.21 [Updated 3-29-2011]

Odinist

Mar 18, 2010
Okc, OK
(Not mine, just sharing the info.)

We are not responsible for what happens to your phone. Always make a nandroid before using.

This is Adrynalyne's first kernel for the HTC Thunderbolt

Latest Version is 1.6 (This does not mean overclocked to 1.6 people ) :)

Includes:
-undervolt
-swap
-neon and cortex opt
-rndin-gpu+ patch
-conservative, interactive and smartass govenors.
-standard slots no OC

Find it in RM under MrBobrowitz or download the file below

Download Adrynalyne's ver 1.6 Kernel

INSTALL VIA CLOCKWORK!

Reactions: ChiTownJim
Thanks for the link. :-( JK, I'll go get it now.

:p

Adrynalyne said:
-ext4 support
--nfs support removed for now to cut down kernel size (wasn't loading as modules)
--on demand default governor until tweaking of smartass is perfected. This will make the benchmark folks happy
biggrin.gif

--tweaked smartass
--other little tweaks

kernel_flash9.zip

This will be on rom manager later today. I know there are some folks out there that arent happy with smartass governor just yet. It needs some tweaking. While I am tweaking, enjoy this little gem.

Reactions: bjanow
Upvote 0
I'm still on 1.8 with smartass. Are you saying this doesn't have smartass or that the default is on demand? I've been off the charger with SA for hours now with no battery drain. Granted I haven't done much other than my email syncs but still. I've always done well on my phones with sa.

The default is smartass on with setcpu. update to 1.9 he fixed a few issues with it
He says smartass still needs some tweaking but your able to use custom profiles now

Battery life for me is pretty amazing so far. Hour past and only went down about 4-5 % which is great for me! Still testing

Upvote 0
Well this was what I was waiting for to take the plunge on rooting my phone via adb . Gonna take the plunge tonight , stoked . I think this phone is going to be a rooted BEAST . Adrynalyne made some killer stuff for the Incredible glad to see him working with the Thunderbolt

So far the ROMs for the TB have been awesome. I have used Virus, Perfect Storm, and now I'm on Das B. Flashed this kernel last night and it is slick (still on the 1.8 version though, will flash 1.9 later).

So far very impressed with the dev for the TB, lots of familer names from the OG Droid. Also with BGill over on the TB now the themes should be awesome!

Upvote 0
Root the long way! You have adb working with the TB? CM7 is probably only days away and NIX has MIUI almost ready too.

Did you win or lose? ;-)

I haven't touch the TB it's still stock been too busy , tonights the night I pop her cherry haha

I WON not big but I don't gamble too big . Ended up paying for all my expenses on the trip plus an extra $300 so I went to Vegas partied it up for 4days and made $300 can't go wrong there .
Part of why I'm so up is I accidently put a $50 chip on Red 23 instead of a $5 chip when I was a little tipsy and what would you know it hit Red 23 DUMB LUCK at it's best haha

Reactions: bjanow and ska.t73
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones