• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.6 (FRG22D BuILT FRoM SoUrCE!!! GeT iT FaST BeFoRE iT MeLTs!!!)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
added titanium backup, downloaded LFYv1.6 zip and installed it, also added RVFYv1.6.zip but got stuck in a loop. managed to get out of it by reinstalling LFY from my back up but not RV. Everything seemed great but then I noticed that my home and search buttons no longer work.
I've been googling and this seems to be a common problem with no solution?

I thought I might try backing it up again so I went to ROM Manager, clicked on BACKUP CURRENT ROM, clicked OK, then instead of allow I hit DENY on the next screen. whoops. So I tried again but now, after OK, it does nothing. I'm a newbie and appreciate any help for either problem.

Upvote 0
I've been away from the forum for awhile enjoying my droid with no problems. I came back tonight to see if another version was out yet. Phone has been fast and stable. I'm running 1.6 since it came out, without a theme, and using a p3 250-1250 kernel.

The only problem I noticed is with google sky. It locked up on me twice, and the phone acted weird until I uninstalled it.

Upvote 0
Liquid asked me to spread the word...LFY 1.7 is now available in ROM manager. The 1.7 thread with screenshots and themes (whole bunch of themes) will be coming tomorrow.

:D

Since I don't use ROM Manager to flash ROMs I'm unaware if Liquid has had his own section in there. But under his name, LFY doesn't have a version number. Should we just assume that it's the latest version? And I'll still do my review the way we're supposed to, I just can't wait till tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Since I don't use ROM Manager to flash ROMs I'm unaware if Liquid has had his own section in there. But under his name, LFY doesn't have a version number. Should we just assume that it's the latest version? And I'll still do my review the way we're supposed to, I just can't wait till tomorrow.

Yeah, It should be 1.7...although I haven't verified this for myself. I've run every theme for 1.7...and Liquid said it was there so it should be 1.7

Just checked and all the 1.7 LFY themes are listed so it looks updated...there are a lot of themes! :D

Upvote 0
Definitely not a ROM issue. I've booted every test build of 1.7 as well as the final version, and never had an issue with the Market restoring.

Did you go into the market > downloads and see if the apps are trying to restore? I've had market issues in the past where they just won't load and I have to reflash the ROM.

Upvote 0
I'm a Liquid tester and have been running the last version of 1.7 since Saturday. At first, I enabled compcache, but found that it bogged down by the time I got toward the end of my app testing. Once I disabled compcache and cleared out my Dalvik cache using Titanium Backup, I have to say that this is the fastest ROM I've ever run. Blazing fast and the new features (option to have LED flashing with screen on, min brightness adjustment, option to not have USB debugging or clock displaying, customization of status bar/notification panel colors, option to have the rotary lockscreen, lockscreen music controls, among others) are awesome!!!

Upvote 0
I'm a Liquid tester and have been running the last version of 1.7 since Saturday. At first, I enabled compcache, but found that it bogged down by the time I got toward the end of my app testing. Once I disabled compcache and cleared out my Dalvik cache using Titanium Backup, I have to say that this is the fastest ROM I've ever run. Blazing fast and the new features (option to have LED flashing with screen on, min brightness adjustment, option to not have USB debugging or clock displaying, customization of status bar/notification panel colors, option to have the rotary lockscreen, lockscreen music controls, among others) are awesome!!!

Hey GLD ;)

I experienced the same exact issues as you but then I was Gtalking w/ Liquid into the wee hours of the morning. The release version of 1.7 has been flying and DOES have compcache auto enabled.

There was a problem with enabling compcache within liquid tweaks. The latest builds (without the option for turning compcache on/off in Liquid Tweaks) have compcache automatically enabled and the phone is buzzing along.

Just FYI :D

Reactions: GirLuvsDroid
Upvote 0
Hey GLD ;)

I experienced the same exact issues as you but then I was Gtalking w/ Liquid into the wee hours of the morning. The release version of 1.7 has been flying and DOES have compcache auto enabled.

There was a problem with enabling compcache within liquid tweaks. The latest builds (without the option for turning compcache on/off in Liquid Tweaks) have compcache automatically enabled and the phone is buzzing along.

Just FYI :D

Good to know UBR!! The version I loaded up on Saturday has been treating me so well, I haven't loaded up the final final version yet. I'll be doing that later today!

Upvote 0
Good to know UBR!! The version I loaded up on Saturday has been treating me so well, I haven't loaded up the final final version yet. I'll be doing that later today!

Yeah, I had to flash it so I could do the screenshots (TOO MANY SCREENSHOTS! LOL). I was with you and disabling compcache made the phone MUCH faster on the previous builds and thought Liquid got rid of it...

I told him something to the effect of "Man, the ROM is flying, glad to see you totally removed compcache!". And he responded with "It's automatically on". I felt like an ass...but then felt better when he told me bout the issue he found with compcache and Liquid Tweaks. I guess they didn't want to play nice. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones