• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looked at the incredible.

There is no useful info here, no comparison, a average person would put it in the incredible section.

In the Incredible section, this would simply be a provocation, in the Eris, it's a reaffirmation of the Eris over the Incredible. I can understand where some people are, justifiably, touchy about the Incredible/Eris differences of opinion, but I'm gonna have to disagree, respectfully, with you on this one.

In other, whiney, non-related, comments, my wife got the update day one, and I *still* have not gotten it. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

{Edited to fix spelling/spacing error, changed Ithe -> In the}

Upvote 0
I don't understand the "war" between Incredible & Eris camps in the first place. It's a little silly. As for what the OP is saying, I understand completely. I own both. 2 Erises and an Incredible. It doesn't compare at all, the Eris wins hands down in the "feel" category. The eris is a nice phone to hold. It feels great in the hand. The Inc is a bit slippery. (I dropped mine the first day!)

Upvote 0
There is no useful info here, no comparison, a average person would put it in the incredible section.

What exactly do you mean an average person? Why would i put this in the incredible section anyway? And why would i put a post in the incredible section saying i think the incredible feels like crap and i like the eris better? I think this post is exactly where it should be!

Upvote 0
As long as I've lived i'll never understand why you can't just be happy with what you got without having to bash something else to feel more justified in your purchase. This is turning into the xbox vs.ps3 rhetoric.

Starting a thread about how crappy you think the Incredible feels is just pointless and makes Eris users look like they have nothing better to do than defend their phone against others. Stop. Just stop

Upvote 0
Almost makes me think of the big brother scenario when a new baby comes along. Yeah he is happy to have a brother but now the attention is pulled away from him.

But in response to this...it's kind of our mindset (can't speak for everyone) you will always wonder if something that replaces what you have is really better. And think in the back of your head did I make the right choice or not. So then you go to the store to see if this "new baby" lives up to the expectations it has been given.

Sorry if this sounded like a rambling...it's late and i'm sure i'll look back at this tomorrow thinking what the hell did I say?!

Upvote 0
I found this thread to be quite interesting. I have an Eris and I want to know how the Incredible compares.

I'll try to be non bias in this as I have had both the Eris and Incredible(Albeit the Eris was before 2.1 came out even though I did have the leaked version on it)

The Eris has less RAM/ROM and a slower processor. The Incredible is a much faster and responsive phone. In my Eris I could easily get down to 30-50mb of Free memory and the phone would lag. The Incredible rarely gets below 100, even with all of my apps running, which is more than i ever ran on the Eris.

The screen is also bigger and has a higher resolution than the Eris. It's always nice to have more screen real estate. The 8MP camera on the Incredible is also a nice feature and does take good pictures. The 5MP camera on the Eris was decent but it lacked a flash, which I did not like.

The Eris does feel a lot more solid of a phone, its heavier, a bit smaller and just feels solid overall. The Incredible is made mostly of plastic and feels like if I dropped it from a ways up it may break while my Eris would not.

The Eris is a solid phone but I wouldn't take it over the Incredible after owning one. The speed of the Incredible just puts it in a different category.

Upvote 0
I found this thread to be quite interesting. I have an Eris and I want to know how the Incredible compares.

this is definitely not the place to get real perspective on something like that. I'm a new phone every 6 months kinda guy. I love playing with shit today that i could have.never dreamed would've existed when i was kid. I'm just now learning how to slow down on my addiction. I need an intervention

When doing my research for my next phone every time the single most important thing I've found is: never go to message boards dedicated to users of the phone youre looking at and expect them to decide whats right for you. A good decision is based on a little info from every side. You check YouTube, reviews, talk to former users, and hold the real phone in your hand before you decide. Everything you find will be grains of salt leading you down a path of yes or no.

But yeah. I went to the iphone forums to ask what they thought. Get the iPhone. Same for Android. Blackberry. Whatever. Users here as a whole will tell you mostly one thing: Eris Eris Eris its the best and you dont need speed or a better camera or whatever blah blah.

Upvote 0
A lot of people getting the DI in my office. I've had many opportunities to sit down and play with it and my Eris side by side, and I'll tell ya... surfing the web, the Incredible is not that must faster! I was really surprised. Surprised enough to where if I bought an Incredible, I'd feel like I got ripped off. Multi-tasking with various apps open may be another story, but I don't do a whole lot of that.

I got the 2.1 ota this past weekend and I'm perfectly happy with my Eris. Does everything I need it to do.

Upvote 0
this is definitely not the place to get real perspective on something like that. I'm a new phone every 6 months kinda guy. I love playing with shit today that i could have.never dreamed would've existed when i was kid. I'm just now learning how to slow down on my addiction. I need an intervention

When doing my research for my next phone every time the single most important thing I've found is: never go to message boards dedicated to users of the phone youre looking at and expect them to decide whats right for you. A good decision is based on a little info from every side. You check YouTube, reviews, talk to former users, and hold the real phone in your hand before you decide. Everything you find will be grains of salt leading you down a path of yes or no.

But yeah. I went to the iphone forums to ask what they thought. Get the iPhone. Same for Android. Blackberry. Whatever. Users here as a whole will tell you mostly one thing: Eris Eris Eris its the best and you dont need speed or a better camera or whatever blah blah.

I have to agree that a dedicated forum is not the best place to get suggestions, but for almost the opposite reason. The views you will get are very biased, but that is because you get 2 main types of people on forums like this. You get the geeks that are here to learn more and possibly teach others or those that have problems with the phone. Many of the geeks will be fanboys (or girls) of that device, but many can also give you an unbiased opinion on it. Those with problems will often shout to the heavens how bad the phone is and that nobody should own it. You also tend to see all the possible problems with that device laid out for you in a very biased manner as few people make posts that simply praise the device.

Now, asking what phone should I get on a dedicated forum will certainly give you biased info. However, as many can attest, our trolls tend to weigh in just as heavily.

Reactions: jayjay1122
Upvote 0
I'm a geek who loves his Eris, but is fairly unbiased and realizes the Eris can in no way compete with the Incredible. I've played with the Incredible a few times now and it does not feel cheap. It's built as solidly as any other HTC phone. The weird back makes it easier to hold, and the speed is blindingly fast. The Incredible is THE BEST Android phone you can buy right now, period.

People on this forum may be "perfectly happy with the Eris" and satisfied that it can "do everything they want it to do" and realize "not everyone needs a super powerful phone", but the fact is that phones get faster and cheaper every day, and right now the Eris is on it's way out and the Incredible is the phone to have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones