• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marvel ( S.H.I.E.L.D )

Did anyone catch the Season Priemere , i actually thoght there would be more action and more Super Heroes involved ..... but i guess and hope it gets better.

I watched it last night, it was actually pretty decent. I've found that with most TV shows the pilot episode is typically pretty bad. Considering that this one wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I have high hopes that it will turn out great.

Upvote 0
Did anyone catch the Season Priemere , i actually thoght there would be more action and more Super Heroes involved ..... but i guess and hope it gets better.

Agreed.

The first episode of Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was good, not great - it felt rushed. But they had a lot to set up so I'm also hoping the show improves.

Upvote 0
Do you have to be a Marvel geek to watch this show? I read graphic novels, but I don't really do superheroes. I felt like they were making lots of references I was supposed to get, and that I was supposed to know who these characters were.(I didn't) Also the cheese factor was really high, it reminded me of those shows from the 80's like The A-Team where they shot a thousand bullets but never hit anybody lol.

Upvote 0
it seems to me.. there is something missing...
something to focus on...

i like the show.. it has potential.. but it does not capture my attention. something is missing. cant put my finger on it.

i think it will be a 1 season thing... if they dont get the missing X-factor.

Upvote 0
Do you have to be a Marvel geek to watch this show? I read graphic novels, but I don't really do superheroes. I felt like they were making lots of references I was supposed to get, and that I was supposed to know who these characters were.(I didn't) Also the cheese factor was really high, it reminded me of those shows from the 80's like The A-Team where they shot a thousand bullets but never hit anybody lol.

I also do not know who the characters are. (except for colston and fury)

And that is classic Joss Whedon humor...

So far thumbs up, needs a bit more though

Upvote 0
Have to say the show has grown on me. The interplay between the characters is picking up more of the classic Whedon feel.
I think it's slowly getting to the point where the characters are enough to carry the series on their own. The show just needs a longer story arch, instead of the constant case of the week. As someone who doesn't read comics, I think I've missed what little ties there are to the rest of the Marvel universe. Hopefully they can bring in some cameos at some point.

Upvote 0
So. What happens now? Are they officially going to cut off continuity with MCU? If not, then they have a problem, as SHIELD no longer exists after Captain America 2. On top of that, wtf didn't Coulson show up in the latest film? It would only make sense that he would be somehow dragged into the crisis that affects SHIELD as a whole.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones