• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mass storage doesn't work

iomartin

Lurker
Jan 15, 2011
Hello,

I'm having problems using my phone with USB mass storage. I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy 3, with Android 2.1.

When I connect the phone to the computer, it starts charging but the notification bar doesn't give me the option to mount the SD card. I found out that if I turn the phone off, connect it and then it turn on, the USB connected dialog appears.

I choose Mount, but nothing happens. I tried it on 2 different computers, one with Ubuntu 10.10 and the other with Windows Vista, and it didn't work in any.

I tried setting USB debugging on, and it didn't work as well. I'm using the cord that came with the phone.

Welcome to the forums, iomartin.

The issue you're describing is most often caused by lack of proper device drivers installed in the computer.

Depending on the computer's OS (Windows 7, XP, Mac, Linux), search for your Samsung Galaxy Apollo (3) drivers, install them to your computer, reboot both the computer and your device, then connect via USB and you should be good to go.

Reactions: srikanth_ip825
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones